2021/22 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case you don't know Sassy, that was Thierry Henry against Ireland in a 2 leg 2009 World Cup Qualifier. France won 1-0 in Dublin but Ireland won 1-0 in ordinary time in Paris.

In Extra Time this happened, and Henry handled the ball twice to control it allowing Gallas to score the "winner". Absolute robbery.

Look at the videos!!
I didn’t watch the match but I remember reading or watching something about it. That hand should have been a red, such cheating acts are infuriating but common in football.

We missed this feller's leadership today.

If he's fit enough to be on the bench he's fit enough to be out there on the pitch.

Half fit he'd have done a better job than Godfrey...and he'd have done a better job up front than Rondon.

Spot on mate he should have played today or at least come on 2nd half.

Godfrey needs time away to rebuild his fitness Covid looks to have done a number on him.

Lads blowing for tugs all the time whereas last season he was a physical specimen.

Spot on mate he should have played today or at least come on 2nd half.

Godfrey needs time away to rebuild his fitness Covid looks to have done a number on him.

Lads blowing for tugs all the time whereas last season he was a physical specimen.
He's not a CB...never in a million years. He looks like the last thing in the world he wants to do is head a ball.

RB or LB deputy. That's it as far as I can see for now.

In the Athletic today that we told Mina he'd be sold this summer if a good offer came in.

Madness.

I can kind of understand it if there is no prospect of him extending his contract. If he doesn't renew then we are in a bad position where we will have to sell. With only 1 year left his value will be much lower than it really should be as well. I'd like to think there will be an extension, but the longer it goes the less likely it feels.

Until then, he should be playing every game where available. Any combination that is not Keane and Mina is very weak. I'm not happy with Godfrey or Holgate this season. You have to want to win aerial challenges in this league and Mina will win them all day long.

Would have thought Holgate the one to let go?, they tried to off load him in Summer. .he would be ideal for West Brom if they came back up as they loved him there but only stumbling block would be his 65 grand wages

I can kind of understand it if there is no prospect of him extending his contract. If he doesn't renew then we are in a bad position where we will have to sell. With only 1 year left his value will be much lower than it really should be as well. I'd like to think there will be an extension, but the longer it goes the less likely it feels.

Until then, he should be playing every game where available. Any combination that is not Keane and Mina is very weak. I'm not happy with Godfrey or Holgate this season. You have to want to win aerial challenges in this league and Mina will win them all day long.
It definitely read more like it was Everton being desperate for the cash (which we know is the case), not Mina turning down a contract extension.

Mina's injury record is a poor one. I want him to play every game he's available for but ultimately we also have to manage him too, because if we push it too far it ends up being detrimental.

The contract situation needs sorting now, one way or the other.

In the Athletic today that we told Mina he'd be sold this summer if a good offer came in.

Madness.

I'd say thats ridiculous, but you just know full well it's probably true.

By far our best defender, and it's not close and they probably doing there all to get rid of him to have the 3 English lads at cb, none of which are actually any good at the moment ( I include Godfrey in that )

It definitely read more like it was Everton being desperate for the cash (which we know is the case), not Mina turning down a contract extension.

Yeah that wouldn't surprise me. I don't want him to leave at all but If he hasn't extended the contract by the end of the season then we have no option but to sell. Cannot let good players with value leave on free transfers. We've let enough players go for free.

Yeah that wouldn't surprise me. I don't want him to leave at all but If he hasn't extended the contract by the end of the season then we have no option but to sell. Cannot let good players with value leave on free transfers. We've let enough players go for free.

Just my opinion like but for some reason it looks like he's not considered as one of our first choice centre - backs so that could be the reason why he hasn't extended.

Just my opinion like but for some reason it looks like he's not considered as one of our first choice centre - backs so that could be the reason why he hasn't extended.

It's probably too soon to know exactly who Benitez prefers, but for me it couldn't be any clearer. Mina is the most reliable defender and Keane and Mina is by far the most effective combination. It's a game of opinions, but the evidence is staring us in the face and people don't want to accept it.

There's a lot of bizarre opinions within our fanbase and it's fashionable to blame Keane for everything. But every time we split up that duo, there is a poor mistake. We conceded a sloppy goal because we didn't attack the ball from a corner yesterday. I'm not sure that happens yesterday with Mina on the pitch - and he also offers threat at the other end. Godfrey and Holgate are a long way off being effective PL defenders for me. Any time I don't see Keane and Mina on the team sheet, I fear the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.