Yes Ndidi ?

Yes Ndidi ?

• Sign him

• Dont sign him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Genuine question here.

If he was on 100k pw rather than, say, 50k pw, that works out to a difference of 2.5 million a year. Over the life of a 4 year contract, that works out to 10 million. Would we be in for a 10 million transfer fee and 50k pw?
Without his injuries hes probably easily "worth" 100k a week, but you simply cant ignore those very serious injuries.

I looked into them, his latest injury was VERY similar to the same injury that plagued Dom and Gmbamin for 3 years.

He has also had a LOT of knee and hamstring injuries.

He could play 38 games next season, he could also play none if his knee and hamstring falls apart.

It's all about what his wages would be. If at the right wages, then it's a no brainer.

I wouldn't pay him anywhere near 100K a week though
Most places has his current wage at 75k.

I would assume given he was on a free that he would likely demand at least 100k.

Seems like Villa and Newcastle are interested, so he will no doubt join 1 of them, play 38 games and win Golden boot.

Honestly - no. He's injury prone lately and we need someone we can rely on as much as possible.

Having said that, he'll probably go to a fellow mid table team (or higher/stay at Foxes) and will not get injured for 38 straight games or something.

It's all about what his wages would be. If at the right wages, then it's a no brainer.

I wouldn't pay him anywhere near 100K a week though
Imo the ‘per week’ bit is a little misleading with free agents, as it’s the whole contract value that is relevant.
He could get a significant signing on fee to reduce weekly wages for example. Can still be distilled down to a p/w figure for ease of reference but can that become misleading when viewed as ‘is player X work £#k per week?’

If he’s currently on £75k the equivalent 4 year contact would be worth £15.6m.
Could he be worth it if he got a £5.2m signing fee and £75k per week.
That is the equivalent of £100k per week.

Personally I suspect his agent will be pushing for more than that even, minimum £26m for 4 years. (£125k per week equivalent)
When you think that’s what we’ve committed in transfer fee alone for Beto it kind of doesn’t look that expensive 💰

Without his injuries hes probably easily "worth" 100k a week, but you simply cant ignore those very serious injuries.

I looked into them, his latest injury was VERY similar to the same injury that plagued Dom and Gmbamin for 3 years.

He has also had a LOT of knee and hamstring injuries.

He could play 38 games next season, he could also play none if his knee and hamstring falls apart.
I get that. I'm asking about a straight comparison of wages vs fee. All I'm asking is if he would be worth 50k pw plus a 10 million transfer? If so, worth it on a free at 100k.

if you wouldn't take a punt at 10 million plus 50k, moot point.

Imo the ‘per week’ bit is a little misleading with free agents, as it’s the whole contract value that is relevant.
He could get a significant signing on fee to reduce weekly wages for example. Can still be distilled down to a p/w figure for ease of reference but can that become misleading when viewed as ‘is player X work £#k per week?’

If he’s currently on £75k the equivalent 4 year contact would be worth £15.6m.
Could he be worth it if he got a £5.2m signing fee and £75k per week.
That is the equivalent of £100k per week.

Personally I suspect his agent will be pushing for more than that even, minimum £26m for 4 years. (£125k per week equivalent)
When you think that’s what we’ve committed in transfer fee alone for Beto it kind of doesn’t look that expensive 💰
...what I am saying...

I get that. I'm asking about a straight comparison of wages vs fee. All I'm asking is if he would be worth 50k pw plus a 10 million transfer? If so, worth it on a free at 100k.

if you wouldn't take a punt at 10 million plus 50k, moot point.
He's worth nothing if he can't stay fit.

It's a gamble, it's up to you if you think he's worth the risk.

His signing will take a hefty chunk from our budget and we will need him to start every week.

If he starts most weeks, great, but if he misses 20 games like he has done on 2 occasions, then, well less great.

Don't want to come across as that guy but I think you'd be better off looking elsewhere. Don't get me wrong he's supremely talented but injuries are a real issue and it takes him a long time to get back into the swing of things when he returns.

He was tipped to be our Kante replacement which was an impossible task but he was superb for us for a couple of seasons. Last season under Rodgers he was atrocious but so was everyone else. This season Maresca's tried to play him in a more advanced role which he's done surprisingly well in.

Character wise he's a really good guy and we've never had any unprofessional from him. He even did a degree at Leicester uni

Definitely no chance of him staying with you mate or are his demands too high? Did you go last night?