Yes Ndidi ?

Yes Ndidi ?

• Sign him

• Dont sign him

Results are only viewable after voting.
With the strong Wilfred Ndidi links coming out, I thought it may be a nice distraction from all the (no money) negativity to discuss him.

The injuries are a concern: https://www.transfermarkt.com/wilfred-ndidi/verletzungen/spieler/274839

But it seems like when fit hes on the pitch as much as possible: https://www.whoscored.com/Players/327683/History/Wilfred-Ndidi

Would be be Gana's replacement, backup or midfield partner?

I think the key here is for him to join the club asap with Dyche then putting him on the DCL rehab program.

Its a Yes Ndidi from me ;)
Onana Out; Cash money In - big wage (probably) off the books
Gana 1 yr extension; reduced wages...you're nearly 35 mate get real
Ndidi In; nearly 28, 3yrs on sensible wages only - take it or leave it...you Leicester are going g right back down

Last edited:
Onana Out; Cash money In - big wage (probably) off the books
Gana 1 yr extension; reduced wages...you're nearly 35 mate get real
Ndidi In; nearly 28, 3yrs on sensible wages only - take it or leave it.

Thats where Im at with it as well.

The Onana fee brings in a RB & 1 or 2 wingers while we cover the 'limited' (in terms of how Dyche wants us to play) central midfield position with a free.

I see you relied on @Goat for the £100k.

Perhaps not the most logical or reliable 'source' of information.

Nevertheless, on a 3 year deal it would mean £15.6mil for an experienced player coming into their prime. Only 2-.2.5 years ago you'd have been hard pushed to do a deal under £50mil for him with that salary on top.
Whereas your sources are always tip top.

I see you relied on @Goat for the £100k.

Perhaps not the most logical or reliable 'source' of information.

Nevertheless, on a 3 year deal it would mean £15.6mil for an experienced player coming into their prime. Only 2-.2.5 years ago you'd have been hard pushed to do a deal under £50mil for him with that salary on top.
My point is, say it is $100k. I mean for that type of player it isn't out of the question that it would take that for us to sign him.

We are just closing out a few contracts at that level that have been absolutely dire for us. Our wages level even after the exits seemingly will still be huge. I understand the savings on the purchase price but ultimately, we need to fill out the team to a certain level plus get a hold of the wages that is my concern, the wages that are dropping off likely just get us to a workable level. Even if we take that gamble, we need game in game out performance.

Obviously, the discussion changes if the weekly wage is less, of course it is again we are going to need to be extremely careful handing out large contracts, so we don't repeat the mistakes of the past. We can't be 100% clear without knowing our exact position and then that within whatever regulatory framework we need to fit under.

It is a good target; however, we can barely pay the bills as it stands regardless of then trying to correct our current state without more deductions.

Unfortunately, I think realistically we may need to be even more frugal than previous windows and that may mean not being able to take advantage of free transfers like this.

Again, without being 100% clear of the actual wages level, I mean we thought the shedding of the players we had already would have got us right this year but it doesn't seem to be the case.

I can see a few loans and maybe signing some younger types.

23/24 unknown injury Dec 29, 2023 Mar 3, 2024 65 days Leicester City 14
21/22 Knee injury Mar 17, 2022 May 30, 2022 74 days Leicester CityNigeria 20
20/21 Hamstring strain Jan 28, 2021 Feb 8, 2021 11 days Leicester City 3
20/21 Adductor injury Sep 21, 2020 Dec 3, 2020 73 days Leicester City 18

Missed over 50 games the last 3 seasons, we really need somebody we can rely on, injuries happen to every player, but this fella seems to have had a lot.

Considering that we will potentially have a smaller squad next season, we cant afford to waste a spot on somebody so unreliable.

Good player, but im not sure we can afford to take the chance on him.
This .
We don’t have the room to gamble on players whose fitness is questionable.
We can’t afford passengers.

Would be a useful addition but have to agree with many here already, we need to go in now to him not LCFC as he will be on a free and make our offer, if he doesn’t like it move on and stop being held to ransom.

£75k is a top end offer but should be looking at £59k really incentivised on appearances but don’t hang around!

I’ve not seen him have a good game in years - we need players on upward trajectories, he is the poster boy for a downward trajectory. Let’s not buy anyone based on how they played 4 years ago, that’s called the Dele Strategy.

With the strong Wilfred Ndidi links coming out, I thought it may be a nice distraction from all the (no money) negativity to discuss him.

The injuries are a concern: https://www.transfermarkt.com/wilfred-ndidi/verletzungen/spieler/274839

But it seems like when fit hes on the pitch as much as possible: https://www.whoscored.com/Players/327683/History/Wilfred-Ndidi

Would be be Gana's replacement, backup or midfield partner?

I think the key here is for him to join the club asap with Dyche then putting him on the DCL rehab program.

Its a Yes Ndidi from me ;)
What strong rumours? Where?

I, for one, appreciate what you did there in the thread title. Oh yes indeedy. Bravo.

Had enough of perma-crocks if I'm honest.

It's very simple. We can't afford to pay him 100k a week. If we're serious, given he's a free, offer what we can afford/what we think he's worth- say for arguments' sake 60k. If he (his agent) says no- (more than likely a better offer will come), then move on to other targets. Don't hang around for months pinning our hopes on him.
Yea we need to lower the wages
We been paying too many top4 level money