Yobo - treated shoddily

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep saying it 2 years on a 55k a week contract at 32 . If he dropped his wages by half he'd be losing 2.4m before you factor in any other monies owing or bonuses. I understand he was willing to be flexible to move to fene but would you be willing to drop that much money to play for say Leicester ?

Perhaps more importantly Moyes does not want him

I keep saying it 2 years on a 55k a week contract at 32 . If he dropped his wages by half he'd be losing 2.4m before you factor in any other monies owing or bonuses. I understand he was willing to be flexible to move to fene but would you be willing to drop that much money to play for say Leicester ?

Any news on him leaving sheedy?

When your 32, your national sides captain and the choice is being 5th choice CB for a manager who won't have anything to do with you? Throw in the fact that staying effectively ends your career as you have 2 years left on your deal then, yes, it's definitely a possibility that he will drop 15-20k a week I would guess.

If he did that puts him in a whole different bracket for a lot of clubs in England who have money to spend.

When your 32, your national sides captain and the choice is being 5th choice CB for a manager who won't have anything to do with you? Throw in the fact that staying effectively ends your career as you have 2 years left on your deal then, yes, it's definitely a possibility that he will drop 15-20k a week I would guess.

If he did that puts him in a whole different bracket for a lot of clubs in England who have money to spend.

I think that's a very fair point so you think he should be reasonable and so do I . However how much good will do you think he feels for everton over this debacle ? I suspect very little so I'm not sure he'll buy into dropping £2.5m which effectively goes into evertons pocket. I think Yobo , everton and his people have a lot of hard work ahead

I think that's a very fair point so you think he should be reasonable and so do I . However how much good will do you think he feels for everton over this debacle ? I suspect very little so I'm not sure he'll buy into dropping £2.5m which effectively goes into evertons pocket. I think Yobo , everton and his people have a lot of hard work ahead

Agree mate. I may be dead wrong but Yobo has never seemed greedy to me. When he was linked with big money moves I can't ever remember him agitating for a move?

Appreciate you know more about the situation but logically if he want's to play football for the last few years of his career he will need to compromise more than us. His age, desire to play (if it's there?) and his international career is our ace in the hole by the looks of it.

Doesn't any Chinese team want him....... seems a lot of African players are going there!

Can't post links(bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18780903)

Hi sheedy, I've just listened on turkish tv that yobo says, he got big argument with kenwright and do not think to return everton. Ayny truth on this, cheers. Also they said last offer from fb was 2 million euros

everyone apart from us are in the driving seat really, Fener are in no rush and the longer they hold out, the more likely we will drop price to get shut. Yoyo is in no rush as he has a contract with Everton and will earn regardless, yes he wants Fener but how much so if they aren't as interested in him remains to be seen. We are pretty much at the will of all parties involved.

Everton need to transfer list him on the open mkt - invite any and all club offers and then let Yobo figure out the personal terms with the clubs.

I think the persuit of the sale of yobo to one club only todate, is unhealthy for all.

This debacle has not left a good taste and I'd 'be very surprised' if Yobo had good thoughts towards the likes of our chairman. I think there is very very little chance of the deal happening now

Agree with what D sys up there. bring him back and transfer list him on the open market. a player of his ability will surely be in demand?

This +1

Everton need to transfer list him on the open mkt - invite any and all club offers and then let Yobo figure out the personal terms with the clubs.

I think the persuit of the sale of yobo to one club only todate, is unhealthy for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back