Yobo - treated shoddily

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the transfer list idea but it's not that simple , he's effectively been listed for two years but clubs ask how much he's on and how long he's got left and not one team aside for fene has followed it up with any interest. Clubs rarely make bids when they aren't confident it won't happen (publicity bids aside) , it does happen but not very much

but surley sheeds Yobo can change the landscape on the wages. It,s up to him to back down on wages or risk beeing isolated in football terms.

That's absolutely right and he was the only one prepared to do that to be flexible over a move to fene and everton & the Turks shafted him . What I'm saying is if everton don't won't or really drop the fee he'll go almost immediately , if he drops his wages then everton bank the £2m . So all I'm saying is how would you feel about that ? I think there will be flexibility but everton can't be absolved of blame and force Yobo's hand as in this current mess he'a the only one who can't be blamed as far as he was aware it was done

No argument here sheeds, everton have had a hand in it all - still think we should transfer list him and lets see who comes calling, he wont get the same wages but we have to move on for the sake of what,s left of this shambolic summer transfer window.

Utd game is comming up on the rails and we are two wingers down. SAF will take us to the cleaners if we have no IN,s on the wings.

Yoyo is in no rush as he has a contract with Everton and will earn regardless
And there for me lies the problem in this Whole sorry saga , in future it might be best to be a bit more careful in giving 5 year deals out to aging players who after only few short months of the ink drying The Manager falls out with , then expects the player not be around or seen again when he gets back from a pre season . You cant just throw your toys out the pram with a deal of that size and the amount of the money being commited to it, There HAS to be a better way of doing it beyond personal issues that works best for the club as a whole and prevents a Long running Farce like this happening in the first place

Sheedy.
Do you know what is the relationship now between Yobo and Fenerbache.Everton apart,it doesn't appear as if Fenerbache are too bothered if they sign Yobo or not,which can't make him feel too wanted in Turkey or at Everton.From what you said it seems the Turks were happy to lose Yobo if they could get Heitinga and now they have nobody...so they may have thought they were being cleverer than Everton...but were they really ?

Ultimately Joe Yobo is under contract to Everton and earning apparently 55k per week.If he can't be sold or loaned then he has to come back to Everton and play whatever role the manager decides for him either in the first team or in the reserves,if not he is simply not going to be paid.
Joe Yobo seems like a good character and I think he simply wants to play football.I don't believe that he would be at all happy about sitting in the reserves collecting a big paycheck while the last and possibly best years of his career slip away.

Sounds funny but maybe the best way to solve this whole mess would be to call him back. It might force other parties to be more flexible. Dunno...
Sort it out somehow Moylez, please

Ultimately Joe Yobo is under contract to Everton and earning apparently 55k per week.If he can't be sold or loaned then he has to come back to Everton and play whatever role the manager decides for him either in the first team or in the reserves,if not he is simply not going to be paid.
Joe Yobo seems like a good character and I think he simply wants to play football.I don't believe that he would be at all happy about sitting in the reserves collecting a big paycheck while the last and possibly best years of his career slip away.

I don't think there is any issue about Yobo coming back but you should tell moyes that if he has to be allowed train or everton are breaching his contract. Like I say it's a mess but it's not of Yobo's making that's for sure , I hope the matter will be resolved soon but to clarify its everton that offered the £55k contract & it's everton that called off last years deal because we 'knew we could get more' & everton (or it's representatives) involvement that led to this years debacle. I'll try and find out any updates and if I get them I'll post but it doesn't look too positive to say the least, otherwise I'm off chaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back