Your favourite team excluding title winners,include cult hero's entertainers etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him or Tal !
So near !

dan-alan.gif

On playing ability alone (4-3-3)
Martyn; Coleman, Gough, Stones, Baines; Arteta, Parkinson, Pienaar; Kanchelskis, Latchford, Beardsley.

However, all my actual favourites are from the 1977 to 1980 sides when I had my first season tickets and started going to away games with my mates. The away fans had a real bond with those players: Lyons, Latchford, Dobbo, Kingy, Georgie Wood, Dave Thomas, Duncan McKenzie etc.

Bit of fun,pick a team not a title winning team,just players you enjoyed watching for one reason or another in your time watching the Toffs?off the top of my head
Mine would be:
Georgie Wood
The incomparable Terry?,Mick Lyons,Todd,John Bailey
Gary Jones, Dobbo,Kingy,Dave Thomas
Latch,McKenzie
Great selection. My 1st thought was around the 77, and 78 seasons as I thought the footy was great mostly. Think my only changes from your selection would be Mike Pejic instead of John Bailey ;)

….plenty of Keystone Cops, but Baines/Pienaar were our version of the Harlem Globetrotters.

Yakubu played like he was enjoying it & there’s never a bad word said about Bob Latchford. Dave Thomas would also get in my ‘joyous side’ but no place for circus footballers like Duncan McKenzie.

Status
Not open for further replies.