Your favourite team excluding title winners,include cult hero's entertainers etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of fun,pick a team not a title winning team,just players you enjoyed watching for one reason or another in your time watching the Toffs?off the top of my head
Mine would be:
Georgie Wood
The incomparable Terry?,Mick Lyons,Todd,John Bailey
Gary Jones, Dobbo,Kingy,Dave Thomas
Latch,McKenzie
Love that team Dario :) Great to see Gary Jones.

I'd go for the same team except Roger Kenyon for Toddy ( who was a better player but in my mind played more at full-back - thanks Gordon), Pejic at left-back. A back four of Terry, Mick, Roger and Pej would take no prisoners!

I'd probably go for Beardsley ahead of Duncan, but that's a choice I wish we had today!

With a top keeper and without some dodgy refs that team would surely have won trophies.
When it comes to Davies and Lawson without doubt Could/should have won something. Georgie Wood was solid though and had an excellent clean sheet record in 77/78 (even better than Nev’s in 84/85) so he played his part in a team that went close and had more of an attacking style than the two who finished above us.

Martyn

Heitinga Stones Ferrari Oviedo

Fernandes Besic

James

Kanchelskis Yakubu Mirallas

Tried to avoid the obvious big hitter names like Rooney Baines Lukaku Arteta etc. but I’d watch the team above every day of the week over some of the recent dross we’ve been served up.
James with Kanch and Mirallas either side and the Yak ready to slot! Mouth watering that my son.

God bless.

Wood
Todd, Jags, Lescott, Baines
Arteta, Carsley
Kanchelskis, McKenzie, Beagrie
Latchford.

Subs. Martyn, Hibbert, Higgins, Parkinson, Bob the Pole, James, Saha.

Manager: Marco Silva.

When it comes to Davies and Lawson without doubt Could/should have won something. Georgie Wood was solid though and had an excellent clean sheet record in 77/78 (even better than Nev’s in 84/85) so he played his part in a team that went close and had more of an attacking style than the two who finished above us.
Who was that by the way?

Biggest error of that era was not bringing Shilton in,Pejic signed for us from stoke on the promise his mate would be signing in the summer

Martyn
Paul Holmes
Mark Higgins
Richard Gough
Paul Power
Andre Kanchelkis
Oliveir Dacourt
Tim Cahill
Peter Beagrie
Peter Beardsley
Steven Naismith

Win some games that team

Mad Tommy Myhre

Darracott (of course) Lyons (capt. ;)) Matterazzi “Tiger” John Mc Lauglin

Deoleufeo Carsley Martin Dobbo Duncan McMagic

Eastoe Varadi

Love these type of threads ?

I am going to do a second Legends XI tomorrow ;)
Tiger,aaah yes,I got my first season ticket for my birthday aged eight for 1973-74 season,he was a regular back then,as a kid I always thought he looked about sixty even though he probably was in his mid twenties???

Love that team Dario :) Great to see Gary Jones.

I'd go for the same team except Roger Kenyon for Toddy ( who was a better player but in my mind played more at full-back - thanks Gordon), Pejic at left-back. A back four of Terry, Mick, Roger and Pej would take no prisoners!

I'd probably go for Beardsley ahead of Duncan, but that's a choice I wish we had today!
Unbelievable we signed probably the best sweeper in the country in Todd then go and play him out of position,Everton that???

Status
Not open for further replies.