2023/24 Youssef Chermiti

Not sure of the “don’t know how to develop players” but 15 mill when FFP is on our back seems ostentatious for a bit part player

It's better than the litany of 27 year old and over players who 1. aren't good enough either, and 2. have no potential left.

This guy was bought for the future. He's 19. To question the signing a few months after happens seems counterintuitive to the reason for signing him.

It's better than the litany of 27 year old and over players who 1. aren't good enough either, and 2. have no potential left.

This guy was bought for the future. He's 19. To question the signing a few months after happens seems counterintuitive to the reason for signing him.
The thing is that sadly "future" is somewhat of an unknown entity. At the moment our future isn't looking the best. I was about to say we could have spent the money on a PL hardened player until Maupay came to mind.

The thing is that sadly "future" is somewhat of an unknown entity. At the moment our future isn't looking the best. I was about to say we could have spent the money on a PL hardened player until Maupay came to mind.

This is the type of profile we need to acquire, not the guys in their prime or past it. We can't afford guys who are in their prime and good enough to play for a top half side.

The 10 point deduction has added a level of doubt to the season that frankly should not exist, that's where the angst comes from.

How old was Kean?

Anyway, since you all think 3.75 mill is chicken feed, can anybody loan me 20k?

We can't afford not to...15mil is nothing these days and a little risk is needed. Better that than spending 15mil on another club's cast off that is 'prem proven' but we all know isn't very good
I’d have preferred a ready made player but it seems Chermiti was bought with the intent of also bringing an experienced option (Beto). Given the choice of someone like Chermiti or Brereton Diaz which some were championing, we made the right decision.

15M is a lot of money for a club that is seemingly struggling to keep the lights on.

However, in the world of top flight football, it's not much really.

My beef is that having spent the money we don't seem to be developing him.

No U21 games, no decent run out in the cups, no loan.

He's just sitting on the bench. Crazy.

15M is a lot of money for a club that is seemingly struggling to keep the lights on.

….or perhaps he’s just not very good. It’s not a given that this lad can be ‘developed’, you can’t ‘develop’ a footballer into something that isn’t there.

I have no idea if he’s going to be the real deal, I’d like to see the odd sign that he can be.

….or perhaps he’s just not very good. It’s not a given that this lad can be ‘developed’, you can’t ‘develop’ a footballer into something that isn’t there.

I have no idea if he’s going to be the real deal, I’d like to see the odd sign that he can be.
You are not likely to see the odd sign if he spends all his time on the bench.

Send him to the Championship, League One, PSV, anything.

Letting him fester for a season means we won't even get our money back.

Its not always a good idea to pack a teenager you've just signed off on loan they might think getting him used to the club and city and even country is more important than him going somewhere else for more games especially seeing as you can't guarantee they'll get more games anyway just look at some of our other loan players for proof.

You are not likely to see the odd sign if he spends all his time on the bench.

Send him to the Championship, League One, PSV, anything.

Letting him fester for a season means we won't even get our money back.
I agree, looks lively the odd time I've seen him but hasn't really had a look in, should of pushed a loan, can't understand why we haven't offered him around the championship, I think its competitive and a great resource for PL teams to gauge and develop youth players.

Worse case scenario dcl and beto injured you'd throw Danjuma up front. It's not clear to me what we are trying to do with this lad