2023/24 Youssef Chermiti

Yes he was

No he isn't

….the decision to send Simms on loan at the beginning of that season when DCL was injured, Richarlison had left and we went 6 or more games without a central striker was bizarre. If I remember rightly we started that season with Gordon up front. I think that decision pre-dates Dyche, the DOF clearly thought Simms was surplus to requirements even in desperate circumstances.

I posted at the time it was a reckless decision, not because Simms impressed me when I watched but because he was the only authentic central striker on the books. After watching Maupay and with DCL fragility, Simms had to be recalled in January. I think he was a better option than Maupay but that was more about him being less worst.

Simms always comes alive when the ball is played behind CBs or when it’s in the box. He’s general play is ordinary but it’s difficult to disagree that he would’ve scored more goals than our current options.

Not regularly. I remember going to a number of games after he’d scored that goal against Arsenal and the crowd getting frustrated that he was on the bench and not being brought on early enough.
Screenshot_20240320_134924_Firefox.jpg

Scores the winner in 2 of 3 games, then 17, 9, 3, 17, 27.

We were justified to sell him for the price we got - but he isn't 'rubbish' Goat come on....

He's a Championship striker. Maybe some day he makes it back to the PL, but I doubt he'll be successful.

The layoff he had for the Wright goal in the last match was very nice. He doesn't do the back to goal work near well enough and never has, though, which is why he is where he is. Always more comfortable with the ball at his feet facing defenders, but he's not good enough to do that consistently at this level.

I’ve seen Dyche demand the signing of a 38 year old outfield player and play him every time he’s been available, so I don’t trust his judgement on this player.
No he sees them in training and knows what's best, clearly, based on our winning record with the players he sees and trusts and considers "ready".

Clearly.

Until then - any youth player gets 1 min a month. To prove himself you see, that should be more than enough according to Eggs here.

Not regularly. I remember going to a number of games after he’d scored that goal against Arsenal and the crowd getting frustrated that he was on the bench and not being brought on early enough.

This is true, he used to prefer the Campbell and Radzinski partnership most of the time. He also wouldn’t let Rooney speak to the press, to “protect” him.

I don’t think we got as much as we could’ve done out of Rooney in those seasons.

No he sees them in training and knows what's best, clearly, based on our winning record with the players he sees and trusts and considers "ready".

Clearly.

Until then - any youth player gets 1 min a month. To prove himself you see, that should be more than enough according to Eggs here.

Dyche isn't the messiah, but he's not keeping Chermiti on the bench if he's regularly outperforming the two guys in front of him that couldn't hit the ocean from the beach. Self preservation is the greatest motivator.

Dyche isn't the messiah, but he's not keeping Chermiti on the bench if he's regularly outperforming the two guys in front of him that couldn't hit the ocean from the beach. Self preservation is the greatest motivator.
He's not? Just like he's not keeping any other young player from developing by playing them 1-10 min every month? And relying on the mummified remains of Ashley Young and players out of position?

Sure.