2023/24 Youssef Chermiti

Have to remember when we bought him it was stated it was for the future, not for this season. He's had to be involved (albeit very sparingly) due to injuries
Not really, he's been the go-to sub 14 times this season, but for an average of 5 min a game, including games where he could've definitely come on earlier.

One for the future or not - if we don't give him a chance we'll never know anyway. Good we've finally done it properly, but he could've had several 15-30 min cameos to get an actual run really.

I would hope with now safety he gets some more run over the next 3 games. Dyche not introducing him sooner in longer bits I do think was poor over the season. Not much to discern personally in relation to his game but he is a significantly invested prospect. Should do our due diligence in his development down the stretch.

Not really, he's been the go-to sub 14 times this season, but for an average of 5 min a game, including games where he could've definitely come on earlier.

One for the future or not - if we don't give him a chance we'll never know anyway. Good we've finally done it properly, but he could've had several 15-30 min cameos to get an actual run really.
Sure, I get that. But the game plan for him was never to get him involved this season, so really he was only there to provide cover if the striker on the pitch got injured. I agree with you - I would have liked to have seen him given more minutes - but he was bought to develop and hopefully introduce in the way you mentioned next season

Sure, I get that. But the game plan for him was never to get him involved this season, so really he was only there to provide cover if the striker on the pitch got injured. I agree with you - I would have liked to have seen him given more minutes - but he was bought to develop and hopefully introduce in the way you mentioned next season
Puzzling though as I believe he wasn't featuring a lot for the reserves too, so no idea what the development path there was supposed to look like.

All young strikers need game time, so he did very well for a 19 year old getting his first PL start. There’s potential in there , we don’t know how much yet though. Players with potential are the gambles you need to take when your a club with little to no money, so I’ve never understood all the cry assing about the money we paid for him. Still very much a work in progress , as Dyche constantly says, but he did enough today to still the negative comments for a while.

Promising stuff today. Started slow and I think was getting a bit fed up of chasing lost causes but grew into it.

Showed a lot of good touches and his link up play was tidy. Would have liked him to bury his one on one chance, even if it would have eventually been offside

If we start playing footy on the deck can see him being a real asset

Puzzling though as I believe he wasn't featuring a lot for the reserves too, so no idea what the development path there was supposed to look like.
That would require the club to be run with a coherent plan and people pulling in the same direction. Everything about the club this season has been puzzling. I hope the lad gets some more time to see if he is at the level we need. Most strikers don't have an instant impact when they step up at a young age - they take time to adapt before what they are capable of can really been seen. Remains to be seen whether we give him that time. I do think we need to give youth and lesser known players a chance rather turn to than has-been 'names' - it is the only sustainable way we can go forward with our financial limitations

He maybe had about 2 starts for the u21s. There was a period of about 6 weeks where the club said they been focusing on specific things with him , that’s what he needs. With 90 mins under his belt it’s a chance to sit down with him , talk about his development, highlight the bits he did well, bits he can improve on etc. Assuming we’ve got someone who can do that with him ……