Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton. Sat Oct 14th 5.30

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Standard dignified defeat, I suppose.

Plan A was fine, but we were clueless once they went goal up and stopped leaving space for counters. Richarlison's injury forcing them to switch to a three-man midfield probably contributed to that, too.

The more I see of McNeil, the less I think he's going to make it work here. Very reminiscent of Bilyaletdinov.

Maupay is worse than Rondon.

Anyone saying it wasn’t a pen, WTF?

Ridiculous fumble to allow Kane to get the ball and took him out with his heed.

People seem to constantly jibe at Kane about the way he looks, talks, and claiming that he's crap because he "hasn't won anything".

If he stayed on his feet when fouled in the box, they'd still do all of that, and he would have less chance of getting an obvious penalty. It's not like he's inventing contact, either. It's just delusional of people to claim that Pickford diving at thin air and colliding with a player is somehow not a penalty, and the player he dives into should, somehow, do him a favour and not go down.

The commentators noted he didn't go down after contact in the first half and nothing came of it, so the answer really is to just not foul people in your own box.

Our two center backs were outstanding yet we concede 2 goals - we have to stop playing too deep & get into attacking positions - surprisingly Rhico going off injured their substitute helped them to dominate.

Pickford unfortunately gifted them that nailed on pen when we had cover to deal with Kane ......

…clear pen for me, no idea what the issue is.

Pickford should hold back, Kane was going nowhere.
One thing that annoys me about modern football is there are always 4 or 5 angles on decisions like this. Of course, there's hundreds of idiots on social media tweeting the one angle that agrees with their prejudices. I agree, Pickford should have left it.

Im happy to admit when Kane dives (which he sometimes does) but this ain't one.

Go to bed mate. We are nowhere near any of the top 6 so don't think we are brilliant. Don't forget last season and look at us now. Marked improvement but still far away from the top teams. Slowly but surely does it. You need a dose of reality
Top 6 ??? We're no better than the likes of Southampton ... could only draw with forest at home ... 3 points off the relegation zone , are we really any better than last season....lose against Newcastle and its not looking great ....

One thing that annoys me about modern football is there are always 4 or 5 angles on decisions like this. Of course, there's hundreds of idiots on social media tweeting the one angle that agrees with their prejudices. I agree, Pickford should have left it.

Im happy to admit when Kane dives (which he sometimes does) but this ain't one.
sometimes does lol

Status
Not open for further replies.