Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton. Sat Oct 14th 5.30

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs is a team full of over protected w&nk&@£.

Son is a petulant child that deliberately injured gomes and somehow made people feel more sorry for him then they did Gomes.

Kane is quite possibly the most over protected player in the history of the PL. he constantly dives and cheats to get fouls and because he is England’s number 9 it gets ignored.

Spurs lack any kind of creativity and that is why they won’t win anything unless they find that creativity from someone that wasn’t playing today. We deserved a draw for me and would have got at least that if it wasn’t for a dodgy penalty (is Pickford supposed to evaporate?) and a deflected shot they went in

On to Newcastle away, think we are getting bummed there again this season....

Our current PPG is 1.00, is 38 points going to be enough, too close IMO especially after last season. I don`t want us anywhere near that again.

So for those that say we shouldnt expect anything from the last 2 games, should we look at it like this? 10 games gone, 10 points. 28 games left but we have to play Arsenal twice, City twice, Newcastle twice and Spurs, Chelsea, Utd and Liverpool once.

So take them not expected to win (10) we have 18 games to amass 30 points, bearing in mind we have only just managed a third of that in over half the amount of games.

The signs are there and we are sliding back in to a situation we found ourselves in last season. Can`t help shake that feeling.

On to Newcastle away, think we are getting bummed there again this season....

Our current PPG is 1.00, is 38 points going to be enough, too close IMO especially after last season. I don`t want us anywhere near that again.

So for those that say we shouldnt expect anything from the last 2 games, should we look at it like this? 10 games gone, 10 points. 28 games left but we have to play Arsenal twice, City twice, Newcastle twice and Spurs, Chelsea, Utd and Liverpool once.

So take them not expected to win (10) we have 18 games to amass 30 points, bearing in mind we have only just managed a third of that in over half the amount of games.

The signs are there and we are sliding back in to a situation we found ourselves in last season. Can`t help shake that feeling.
I don’t think we are personally, we’ve seen enough to suggest that when it really clicks we’ll be fine, we were unbeaten in 7 before United and even then we could have nicked a point despite a poor performance, tonight we could have been 2-0 up with the chances we had but missed

I don’t think we are personally, we’ve seen enough to suggest that when it really clicks we’ll be fine, we were unbeaten in 7 before United and even then we could have nicked a point despite a poor performance, tonight we could have been 2-0 up with the chances we had but missed
Exactly this.

We will be fine this season and we have got all our points so far with basically no attack. If DCL stays fit we will get more points and I’d expect us to add one or possibly two attackers in Jan as well to bolster that further.

Even still, a fit DCL and we will be closer to 8th than 17th in my opinion

Can't wait for Jenas to call out Kane for diving....

Oh wait.
Weirdly, Jenas is the only person I actually have heard call Kane out for diving before. I remember it because I was totally shocked as nobody ever does.

Doesn’t mean he will tonight though.

I suspect those who keep the relegation thread going may be quite busy from now on. I can't see this squad with no proper regular goal scorers climbing far enough away from the relegation zone to make it a safe mid table struggle.

….it was a penalty and wouldn’t have been overturned by VAR.

It wasn’t a mistake by Pickford, it was a double mistake. Fumbled the shot, but then should’ve had the presence of mind to pull back rather than plough into Kane, he’d over hit his touch & wouldn’t have scored.

Very rash & a lack of class you’d expect from a top keeper.
Come on Eggs, he didn’t plough into Kane for heavens sake. Kane was theatrically horizontal before making the slightest of contact with Pickfords head. The initial spill from the shot was really poor, but that wasn’t a penalty caused by contact, it was a penalty gained by cunning forward play from a player who rightly has a reputation for it...it was Salah-esque. There’s no excuse at all for VAR not to review it.

We were better than you. And generally Conte teams don’t lose to teams worse than us. Even if you score your two chances I still think we would have found a way to win.

Your passing is rubbish.

Definite pen. Pickford is as thick as [Poor language removed],

Also I get what Conte says about you not being at the same level of intensity.
Bore off. Isn’t there a Spurs forum you can go and bore instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.