2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to play an expensive game like you do. I want to see Everton playing an aggressive, high energy, direct, attacking brand of football because that is Everton football. But we simply do not have the players to do that against good opposition and there are lots of good teams in this league. There are no easy games when you have a team like ours.

You can only play the way you want to play if you have the talent and personnel to do it effectively. Letting philosophy overrule pragmatism in this league will 99% of the time end in failure.

I'll give you another example. When I watch the Packers tomorrow I would love to see Aaron Rodgers airing it down the field for big plays because that's what Rodgers does best. But throwing it deep in the usual Packers manner is not working and will not work with such a lot of talent and experience at receiver. If they stick to that gameplan they will lose the game. If they play a Conservative run based game, which is their strength, they will probably win.

Lampard learned that the only way he could turn things around here was through pragmatism. I'm almost certain he doesn't want to play like this, but if he hadn't changed his approach last spring, we'd have been playing somewhere a lot less glamorous today.
When do you make the change though? At some point philosophy will have to win.

Dunno where this would fit but we have such a massive issue in the final third.

Screenshot_20221015-180505.png

Hate to agree with @TheBigIguana but going out to nick a point without a plan to get at the opposition and try to win is not sustainable in the long run. If Gray or Onana score today we would still have lost exactly like last week. Both teams are better than us yes, but they both had midweek games in europe and we never laid a glove on either. Midweek Newcastle is a huge game.

We got battered, it was never close and expecting us to win because we had two reasonable shots and "should have" scored both is something a manager should be smarter than in 2022.
Tell u what should we sack him ,I go week in week out I can see what he's trying to do you might not would any other manager done better with the players available. No in my opinion. Stop moaning or go and support someone else

Hate to agree with @TheBigIguana but going out to nick a point without a plan to get at the opposition and try to win is not sustainable in the long run. If Gray or Onana score today we would still have lost exactly like last week. Both teams are better than us yes, but they both had midweek games in europe and we never laid a glove on either. Midweek Newcastle is a huge game.
There isn't much chance of us winning up there without an ability to threaten

Tell u what should we sack him ,I go week in week out I can see what he's trying to do you might not would any other manager done better with the players available. No in my opinion. Stop moaning or go and support someone else
I have no issue with sacking him and didn't in May either. I just don't see it, maybe this time next year I'll be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.