Match Thread Carabao Cup: Bournemouth v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The utter petulant stupidity of 'Lampard out' shouts makes me want to vomit. In less than a season he's made us infinitely more resilient and started work on overhauling our midfield. I utterly despair at the cretins we have 'supporting' our club.
Poor performance from poor players but the selection spoke volumes about our priorities. We are in trouble with no sign of attacking abilities. Lampard has to sort that out in January or he may be for the chop. He experimented tonight with 3 at the back to see if our full backs/wing backs could help in attack. Doesn't help when we missed several good opportunities and had last seasons failures as a back 3 and Doucoure and Davies in midfield. Be nice to see Coady and Tarks back at the weekend. Got a feeling Lamps might stick with a 3 again

The utter petulant stupidity of 'Lampard out' shouts makes me want to vomit. In less than a season he's made us infinitely more resilient and started work on overhauling our midfield. I utterly despair at the cretins we have 'supporting' our club.
Don't think anyone is calling for him to be turfed out the issue is he's blown a load of credit with supporters like me by cowardly team selection. As I said earlier it's effectively throwing the game and now he's made a rod for his own back.

The DoF is overhauling the playing staff. Frank's job is to put out a successful product on the pitch. He isn't doing that at the moment , sadly , and this unfortunately is starting to ring alarm bells after his previous record at Chelsea and Derby.

Mate, I don’t care if the kids might be crap, we all know Keane, Mina, Holgate, Davies aren’t good enough and are deadwood at the club. There is literally no point in playing them.

11 changes should have meant Frank starting welch, mills, price and cannon tonight or at least brought them on. His tactics were suspect as well, but that showing was on the players in the main.

He needs time and transfer windows, but he could have at least tried a few of the kids tonight, as he clearly wasn’t arsed about the competition.
If hes picking the likes of Keane, Holgate, Gordon, Davies ahead of kids then they must be even worse. Most our kids end up in lower leagues anyway.
He should of played pretty much our strongest team, only resting maybe Gana.

did not watch the match tonight not shocked at all by the result. Is the same frauds that have put us into this position, still so much work to be done in this team. Really hope the club can bring in players for jan,

If hes picking the likes of Keane, Holgate, Gordon, Davies ahead of kids then they must be even worse. Most our kids end up in lower leagues anyway.
He should have played pretty much our strongest team, only resting maybe Gana.
Whilst I agree with the break looming we should have went full strength, I’m not having that our youngsters are worse than those crabs.

Sadly, Franks doing what every other manager we have had does - pick the same old [Poor language removed] over and over again, expecting them to become footballers all of a sudden. Has never happened previously and won’t for him - they are finished and should be tossed in the bin.

What’s the point of youth players if you never play them?

I agree. I don't want him gone.

But he deserves every word of criticism for that tonight, on top of Saturday's dismal display.

He picks the team. He makes the subs. What goes on at FF as well is in his hands.

But we have dire wafer thin squad. Tonight spotlights it.

I agree. I don't want him gone.

But he deserves every word of criticism for that tonight, on top of Saturday's dismal display.

He picks the team. He makes the subs. What goes on at FF as well is in his hands.

But we have dire wafer thin squad. Tonight spotlights it.
Bang on

Was trying to think what that game reminded me off.
It was exactly the same as the preseason game against that Yankee team.
Same lack of shape , same mistakes never though I would see it again do shortly afterwards.

Whilst I agree with the break looming we should have went full strength, I’m not having that our youngsters are worse than those crabs.

Sadly, Franks doing what every other manager we have had does - pick the same old [Poor language removed] over and over again, expecting them to become footballers all of a sudden. Has never happened previously and won’t for him - they are finished and should be tossed in the bin.

What’s the point of youth players if you never play them?

Spot on

Priority now in January is to get onboard , hopefully two goalscorers. Go to the championship if necessary. Even try Scotland. Or if possible put in cheeky bid for the guy at Brentford . What about Lukaku? Where’s he playing now.
Just get strikers in. And what about that midfield general? Why don’t we ever go for a midfield giant. A player that can boss a midfield.

But hey , we will most likely get a few more wingers that can’t cross a ball , and score maybe 2 goals a season. And maybe another right back , as cover for Coleman . As Patterson can’t be trusted. ( only joking about Patterson). But I’m not just sure how Lampard thinks about him. And a 14th goalkeeper.

Sorry folks. I’m being flippant. But why are we , the only club that seem to get things wrong in the transfer market? It’s one good buy , followed by 3-4 nonsense buys. What’s up with this club?
Look at Newcastle. And they haven’t really started spending to their full potential yet.
As stated earlier , god help us if we get injuries and have to depend on that bunch that played tonight. And some punters can’t even get to blame Unsworth and Ferguson for this rubbish at present. Just shows that those guys were not really to blame for anything.
Anyhow, our next manager ( when Lampard goes) will,get things right.
For ever the optimist. Keep,faith. Good night folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.