2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
This the same DoF that signed Maupay and McNeil to replace Richarlison? (He makes the signing remember according to you).

You would trust him to get a managerial appointment right based on that?

He also signed Tarkowski, Coady, Onana and was inches away from signing Kudus had Ajax not pulled the plug on the deal. Maupay also scored just 2 less than Richarlison last season and shown what he can do with the ball to his feet against WHU - maybe we should try that more often instead of lumping balls to him Alladyce style ?

But no lets just focus on the negatives as no other DOF in world football ever makes a signing that doesn't work out right ?

He also signed Tarkowski, Coady, Onana and was inches away from signing Kudus had Ajax not pulled the plug on the deal. Maupay also scored just 2 less than Richarlison last season and shown what he can do with the ball to his feet against WHU - maybe we should try that more often instead of lumping balls to him Alladyce style ?

But no lets just focus on the negatives as no other DOF in world football ever makes a signing that doesn't work out right ?

It’s a bit more than a signing not working out, we’ve been left criminally short in the most crucial area of the pitch.

*fwiw I blame Lampard just as much for that, however as you give him zero credit whatsoever for the decent signings made, then ‘big Kev’ takes all the blame.

The discussion shouldn't be if Lampard is better than Benitez.

Benitez was a disaster - a disaster made entirely by the fraud Moshiri by the way.

99% of fans, including myself, were completely opposed to having him join.

Now he's long gone the discussion should be is Frank Lampard good enough to be manager of Everton. Nearly a year down the line with him it's fair to say there has been no improvement. Since he took over. We stayed up, yes. But being in that position was partly down to Lampard himself.

Personally I wasn't impressed with him at Chelsea, were his struggling team promptly won the champions League with his replacements guidance.

With there now being a long break in the season it's the perfect time to take stock and be ready to go again. It's also the perfect time to get in the right man and give him time to work with the players.
Pains me to do this, but yes I agree, there is far too much focus on Benitez this, Benitez that.

If you look at Lampards record in isolation, totally ignoring last season due to him not having a transfer window or a preseason, then its 3 wins, 7 defeats, im sorry to say, but that is quite appalling.

I "accept" away defeats as part of doing business in this league, but yesterday wasnt a defeat, it was a whitewashing from a very, very, very poor side.

I still believe he should be given time to bed in the new players, find a system that works, but honestly these last 3 games have knocked any hope of him getting it right and sadly for him its going to fester for 6 long weeks and it wont get any better in that period.

Pains me to do this, but yes I agree, there is far too much focus on Benitez this, Benitez that.

If you look at Lampards record in isolation, totally ignoring last season due to him not having a transfer window or a preseason, then its 3 wins, 7 defeats, im sorry to say, but that is quite appalling.

I "accept" away defeats as part of doing business in this league, but yesterday wasnt a defeat, it was a whitewashing from a very, very, very poor side.

I still believe he should be given time to bed in the new players, find a system that works, but honestly these last 3 games have knocked any hope of him getting it right and sadly for him its going to fester for 6 long weeks and it wont get any better in that period.
Its stick or twist time

Back him big in Jan or sack him now

I think thats the decision Moshiri is currently weighing up.

If he stays he would need dough, if he goes, the new fella would demand dough.

Im just not sure how much Mosh has to spare with the stadium noose tightening weekly.
It will cost him a lot more if we dont sign someone to score the goals to keep us in this league.

I think its inevitable lampard gets sacked sooner rather than later because you don't recover from a week like this. But I strongly doubt a managerial change makes one bit of difference either. So I dont know where we go from here.

Some of the players will have enjoyed expensive hols in warm places and so might come back refreshed and raring to go. They might have forgotten the abuse they got at Bournemouth. On the other hand...... Nobody knows what effect this 6 week break may have.

Not sure you can blame Thelwell at all given the multiple reports that he wasn't even involved in the sale of Richarlison, that was all on Kenwright.

Not sure you can blame Thelwell at all given the multiple reports that he wasn't even involved in the sale of Richarlison, that was all on Kenwright.
Rico wanted gone the summer Carlo left. Only letting him go the Olympics kept him for another season. This was not a shock to anyone at the club they had time to sort a replacement.

Thelwell and the board should be.

Selling Richarlison with no one lined up as a replacement brought those stats about.
I remember having the discussion with several posters on here who were trying to tell me Richarlison wasn't that good and should be sold. I said at the time that all the people slagging him off and wanting him sold would change there tune when they saw us without him. Unfortunately I was correct, some people really underestimated Richarlison's importance to the team. Where is the movement or the attacking threat in our team without him?

Correct, I absolutely wouldn’t.
_119155276_gettyimages-1326328128.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.