2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doesn't make for good reading.

Oh no, not the percentile rankings

beaker-fire.gif

I'm not the biggest stats man myself but it backs up the poor football we see on display. I also see the little dig you've had at me being 'bourgeois' and as a man who's had to fight homelessness myself I can't help but shake my head. Stats have nothing to do with economic upbringing I assure you.
That's not who it was aimed at mate. I can assure you.

Stats viewed in isolation are pointless, and indeed most anyone watching the games can give you a similar analysis to what these stats show. We are a poor team, we do not pass the ball well, we concede boatloads of chances, and we cannot score goals. The argument that it is simply down to the players having failed under previous managers doesn't hold water. The current boss has signed eight players and six of them started vs Bournemouth. I want him to stay but he will have to change the system and soon if he wants to remain Everton manager.

One thing Moyes always did in a poor run was go back to the basics of football. Keeping clean sheets, smart tackles, get a 0-0 and maybe nick a 1-0 on the counter. It's not pretty but Premier League survival rarely is until it's finished. A bit more of the dark arts and some guile and I think we will be fine. This open midfield buisness we have right now just isn't working.

Status
Not open for further replies.