2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not the biggest stats man myself but it backs up the poor football we see on display. I also see the little dig you've had at me being 'bourgeois' and as a man who's had to fight homelessness myself I can't help but shake my head. Stats have nothing to do with economic upbringing I assure you.
But some people need to realise that the lazy labels of class explain nobody's personal experience or abilities. What they do demonstrate is a clear lack of understanding about how the UK's economic model functions to the detriment of all, other than asset owners and money lenders. Class is dead, financial systems are the problem. What has this got to do with Everton? A true analysis shows we reflect the UK, out of Europe and racing to the bottom.

I like Frank as a person but not sure he is good enough. I want to back him we can't keep chopping and changing, but very much on the brink of saying we need a more experienced coach. The issue is the people who will choose the next manager are still the same ones who have chosen the last six or seven

Doesn't make for good reading.

Says mostly what we already know - we don't create enough shots, though they tend to be decent ones when we create them. We're defending all game because we can't string ten passes together to save our lives. If we're staying up, it's on figuring out how to convert that set piece threat into actual goals.

I've just remembered as well that Lampard didn't fancy Rudiger and wanted him out at Chelsea ?

Have you ever seen him play in a back 4 ? Im guessing no.

Have you seen him play this season ? Again, id guess no.

If youre going to think of things to slate the Everton manager about...

...I suggest someone who doesnt go to ground when touched by Bernard.

His problem with Rudiger was he was a no nonsense centre half who's dribbling etc wasn't great, and he just signed 2 of them

Rudiger, Jorginho and Alonso were going to be pushed out in favour of other players with Lampard having new signings forced upon him.

Apparently Azpilcueta and Rudiger had a fall out as well at the time.

Fact Lampard still has a job shows the lack of ambition from the board. Moshiri is totally clueless, it's clear that the manager has now lost the dressing room. Been here 9 mth and we are worse off than FSW. Perhaps 1 of his 100 coaching staff cud do better #efc

I wish we'd have sacked Kendall when he wasnt getting results.

Man Utd fans regret the board sticking with SAF.

Arsenal fans still want Arteta booted.

Which of the above statements are true?

3 games ago Lampard was receiving huge praise from all angles.

I think it's mad how THE best goalscoring midfielder in Premier League history hasn't been able to coach his midfielders to shoot properly from outside of the area and/or make those intelligent runs he used to make several times a game and just know which positions to find themselves in.

Which midfielders are you expecting Lampard to have coached to score goals?

Im a little confused about that point.

I reckon Mohiri will give Frank another transfer window and see how he goes till February. Then
if its still crap appoint a panic manager and hope for the best and my guess that manager would be Sean
Dyche.

Frank bought Maupay and Dwight. Sackable offences. Nonetheless I hope Frank gets it right coz the club needs
stability and continuance and I'm sure Moshiri is sick of paying off failures who laugh all the way to the bank
in the Virgin Islands.

I reckon Mohiri will give Frank another transfer window and see how he goes till February. Then
if its still crap appoint a panic manager and hope for the best and my guess that manager would be Sean
Dyche.

Frank bought Maupay and Dwight. Sackable offences. Nonetheless I hope Frank gets it right coz the club needs
stability and continuance and I'm sure Moshiri is sick of paying off failures who laugh all the way to the bank
in the Virgin Islands.
There’s no money with FFP restrictions though, that’s why we ended up replacing James, Siggi, Richarlison with Townsend, Alli, Gray, Rondon, McNeil and Maupay.

There’s no productive players at the top end of the pitch. We’ll have little budget in January, loans and free transfers, it’s going to be more gambles and long shots. It’s a viscous cycle.

Lampard dealt a terrible hand, Kevin Thelwell and the board sold Richarlison from a team that already had not enough reliable goal scorers in it. They knew at the start of the season there was no goals in this team. They took a massive gamble on our prem status this season based on the finest of fine margins to win enough games - namely, be hard to beat and hope to sneak enough 1-0 wins to stay up.

This is all on the board for me. While Lampard’s not immune from criticism, the lack of goals and way games are panning out is inevitable and not of his making.

Think he’ll get sacked if it looks like he loses the players but reckon the board expected this to be a season down the bottom of the league with the objective just to stay up so they won’t be too shocked where we are now, I’m certainly not.

The midfielders.
Gana and Onana don’t look like they’ll be a goal threat, don’t have that natural composure/aren’t the cleanest strikers.

Iwobi is one who we might expect to score goals, having been a forward previously. Though he doesn’t really look like a regular goal scorer either. Hard to coach goal scoring in to players who don’t have the instinct - it’s what you pay the big bucks for!

It’s another area of the team that is majorly lacking though, I agree. 14 games playing a midfield three and one goal between them - that isn’t sustainable and needs looked at seriously. It might be that it’s a change of personnel required in future transfer windows to add goal threat.

The midfielders.
Weve gone from Moshiri's "Fab Four" (Bolasie, Sigurdsson, Tosun, Rooney) to a new Sexy Six (Gray, Gordon, Maupay, Iwobi, McNeil, DCL).

"The more things change the more they stay the same"

8pts behind the RS (Salah, Diaz, Nunez, Firminho, Carvalho, Jota) and 7pts behind Chelsea (Aubameyang, Ziyech, Pullisic, Broja, Sterling, Havertz, Mount)

Ive noticed a number of posts saying that our midfielders should be scoring more goals.

In 2021/22 Fabinho (5) and Keita (3) + Jorginho (6) and James (5) were the non-forward top league goalscorers for those two sides.

Midfielders at RS and Chelsea DO NOT REGULARLY SCORE GOALS.

Thelwell needs to sell players to generate funds to buy 3 top notch attackers.

Its that simple.

Weve gone from Moshiri's "Fab Four" (Bolasie, Sigurdsson, Tosun, Rooney) to a new Sexy Six (Gray, Gordon, Maupay, Iwobi, McNeil, Dominic Calvert-Lewin).

8pts behind the RS (Salah, Diaz, Nunez, Firminho, Carvalho, Jota) and 7pts behind Chelsea (Aubameyang, Ziyech, Pullisic, Broja, Sterling, Havertz, Mount)

Ive noticed a number of posts saying that our midfielders should be scoring more goals.

In 2021/22 Fabinho (5) and Keita (3) + Jorginho (6) and James (5) were the non-forward top league goalscorers for those two sides.

Its that simple.
??

Weve gone from Moshiri's "Fab Four" (Bolasie, Sigurdsson, Tosun, Rooney) to a new Sexy Six (Gray, Gordon, Maupay, Iwobi, McNeil, Dominic Calvert-Lewin).

Its that simple.

Can you explain this paragraph to me please Zat?

Status
Not open for further replies.