2022/23 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.

It was an oustanding performance, which is thrown about a lot, but a really complete midfield display.

To me it was a level up on what he was doing under Lampard as well. He seemed to take responsbility, and his mindset seems fantastic, and honedtly quite a contrast to Gordon's who has been poor for this year. It says a lot about him that he wanted to stay, and do what he can to keep us up. They are the sort of characteristics that will get you to the very top.
I liked what Dyche said as well, about him learning to do the nasty stuff. If he can get that into him, he will only go on to be a better player too.

It was an oustanding performance, which is thrown about a lot, but a really complete midfield display.

To me it was a level up on what he was doing under Lampard as well. He seemed to take responsbility, and his mindset seems fantastic, and honedtly quite a contrast to Gordon's who has been poor for this year. It says a lot about him that he wanted to stay, and do what he can to keep us up. They are the sort of characteristics that will get you to the very top.
I liked what Dyche said as well, about him learning to do the nasty stuff. If he can get that into him, he will only go on to be a better player too.
What did Dyche say about him mate ?

Great signing from Lampard.
It was indeed, there are two things I will always thank Lampard for, the first one is keeping us up last season, so that the man who took me to my first Everton game, my late brother, never had to see us out of the top division, which he did in the early fifties. The second one is convincing Onana to sign. This boy really is the dog's plums. I never go overboard over young players in their first season, but, the sky is the limit for this kid. The only other time I saw another youngster here and said he will definitely be top class was Rooney.

It's funny really, there were a few posters n here a couple of weeks back moaning about this kid and saying we paid too much for him. We'll see lads.

To be fair, I thought he was brilliant in the game versus Saints as well.

A very similiar display to what we saw Saturday IMO.

Madness. Because he's Belgian? Get him to talk to Fellaini, for crying out loud!

Defour only played 32 more games in the Premier League than Onana has already.

Only partly, I watched an interview with Dyche recently, it might have been that latest Jake Humphrey one and he was asked who the most talented player he's ever managed was. He said Defour. He then explained how it took Defour a little while to understand the dedication, fitness levels and effort levels required at this level, but when he eventually got there he was brilliant. He then said Defour was really unlucky because he got a bad injury which effectively ended his career

Status
Not open for further replies.