The impending forward crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd start Onana up front if Calvert-Lewin doesn't make it (though I have a sneaking feeling SD has started the mind games early and he'll be starting).

Onana will frighten the 'kin life out of that backline of theirs. Just take the game to them. Maybe even two up.
Taking a big chunk of that midfield 3 that did so well against Arsenal out of the equation doing that though. I don't think he improves the frontline enough to justify weakening the midfield so much.

As ever I think we should look to Stuart Pearce for the answer...

HRNG1zv_y_vpbyh901WO5C7Fzau_vD4s4Yhfv_2AkEY.jpg

Andy Lonergan - A legend will be born...

Taking a big chunk of that midfield 3 that did so well against Arsenal out of the equation doing that though. I don't think he improves the frontline enough to justify weakening the midfield so much.

It's a gamble we hopefully wont have to take against Liverpool, but against the next few opponents after that we could get away with it. We could put Davies in there prior to Garner regaining fitness.

This adaptation is all due to the club actively sabotaging the squad in the final week of the January window.

Would back Onana to cause havoc up top should DCL miss any games. Has been used there at Champions League level for Lille in the past.

Would bring Iwobi into the middle and put Gray on the wing - who’s probably been a bit unlucky to lose his spot in the first place out of all of them, but completely understand Dyche’s choice there as you’d rely on McNeil/Iwobi more defensively. Certainly makes sense against weaker teams to get Gray back in there.

I would even like to see Gray partnering DCL as he can actually get in behind and he has the best shot at the club imo.

Would back Onana to cause havoc up top should Dominic Calvert-Lewin miss any games. Has been used there at Champions League level for Lille in the past.

Would bring Iwobi into the middle and put Gray on the wing - who’s probably been a bit unlucky to lose his spot in the first place out of all of them, but completely understand Dyche’s choice there as you’d rely on McNeil/Iwobi more defensively. Certainly makes sense against weaker teams to get Gray back in there.

I would even like to see Gray partnering Dominic Calvert-Lewin as he can actually get in behind and he has the best shot at the club imo.

Gray would have to see a massive improvement in that aspect of his game. The last few matches he played he's obviously a livewire going forward but very poor in terms of defensive work and choosing where to press / close channels. It's little wonder whichever fullback is behind him often gets caught short as they're constantly double teamed by opposition wise to Gray's shortcomings.

One take from the Arsenal game, was we didn't mess around trying to play out from the back but went long, winning many headers/flick ons/flick downs/second balls and hassled their CBs.. Once Maupay came on, he didn't win one as their CBs just stretched and won the ball and it came back putting us under pressure. A few times we went wide to Onana who did win headers. I assume Dyche will play the same against lfc as against Arsenal, so if Calvert-Lewin doesn't play then it's either Simms - who may win the long ball, maybe not as many as Calvert_Lewin, so we'd need to win the second ball, but he can still harass their CBs, who are very flaky at the moment. Or Maupay - who wont win any headers so will have to concentrate on winning the second balls or push Doucoure and Onana slightly out wider and hit them. Simms though has to come into the reckoning some time or other. Whoever it is that plays, the last thing I'd want to see is playing out from the back.
Yes.

...especially the final week then.

The sale of Gordon was an act of sabotage in and of itself, the final insult being to get no players in with the cash generated.

That owner basically said to this manager "I dont care anymore. Save them or dont save them".

The day he darkened the doorstep of this club we were on a collision course with this situation.

Lampard was a busted leg months ago.
They had chance to fix something well before, throwing players in with the manager going out at the same time is bewildering stupidity but they did eventually get that part right.
Sounds like the bouffant blonde didn't fancy the fight and had decided to up sticks and down tools.
The headlock fiasco is incredible in all of professional world football.

They got Dyche in. Theres a few quid floating around, plus the Kean cash to come. More protests before the Arsenal game plus the result. And Cal Lewin is being managed.

Things were dark, I mean bleak, real stormy seas, imagine we'd got stuffed 5-0 just how bad things could have been, throw Onana in a cut price move away as well. It'd have been bedlam. You know it's gonna be the MegaFon arena right?

Things were dark, I mean bleak, real stormy seas, imagine we'd got stuffed 5-0 just how bad things could have been, throw Onana in a cut price move away as well. It'd have been bedlam. You know it's gonna be the MegaFon arena right?
onl;y if there is an end to the war....

Status
Not open for further replies.