The impending forward crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
By all accounts Simms did well out on loan them lower leagues are tough & physical so he will cope with that side of it
Maupay offers little other than nuisance value so if it came down to either Simms or Maupay
maybe it is just about how brave the manager is going to be with his selections

Can't see Gray starting on a wing for Dyche unless its a game against a team sitting in. More likely to see him off a front man or as a striker as others have said. He isn't disciplined enough for Dychey
Yeah, there is no doubting Grays quality, and the lad can win us a game on his own. the problem with him and especially in a dyche set up is that he plays his own game. maybe if we had time on our side then dyche could be that 1 manager that could refine that side of his game.
We're just gonna have to wait and see cos he is that 1 player that can change a game, but could also cost us the game..

Also would we kill off those moments of pure quality if pushed to hard into a structured system...

Has to be Simms really for how we will play mate. He was doing that role for Sunderland.

All he has to do is occupy defenders, get in the 6 yard box in the first phase, add to the overload of big bodies up there for set peices - this is the way.

Else wise we’re counter attacking with either Maupay or Demari.

These are the options really.
If Calvert-Lewin is unfit I cant see him playing against Liverpool. Gray will probabaly start.

If Calvert-Lewin is unfit I cant see him playing against Liverpool. Gray will probabaly start.
If so. He's got to be paired with either Onana or Doucoure surely?

Gray isn't a bad option given the space that RS give in behind. Could be a masterclass even but it would have to be balls in behind rather than hold up play

Id give Simms a go if im honest. Neither VVD or Matip like having to handle a big physical presence nor youthful legs.
Yeah he hasn't really got that though. One thing I noticed when he was playing for Sunderland the few times I watched him is that he is pretty lethal when he just stays in the box and he can get a shot off from any angle but he is quite a lazy player outside of that. He isn't someone who is going to do the "Dirty work" that Dyche wants players to do imo.

Yeah he hasn't really got that though. One thing I noticed when he was playing for Sunderland the few times I watched him is that he is pretty lethal when he just stays in the box and he can get a shot off from any angle but he is quite a lazy player outside of that. He isn't someone who is going to do the "Dirty work" that Dyche wants players to do imo.

Hes not the most mobile admittedly mate what i mean more is engine and the ability to occupy and create space, VVD and Matip are fading on that score over a full game, then we have Gray and Maupay to run the legs of them later in the game.

Agreed he's a calm, confident and powerful finisher.

Id give Simms a go if im honest. Neither VVD or Matip like having to handle a big physical presence nor youthful legs.
It'd be a brave move to hand him that game. He'd have to have support up there with him. Onana was getting up there time after time against Arsenal to offer assistance to Calvert-Lewin - especially on the left. Maybe that would work again.

I actually still believe Calvert-Lewin will play, btw.

It'd be a brave move to hand him that game. He'd have to have support up there with him. Onana was getting up there time after time against Arsenal to offer assistance to Calvert-Lewin - especially on the left. Maybe that would work again.

Apparently he has had a scan and is fine so I agree, I would expect him to play tbh.

Danny Cadamarteri mind.

Onana looked very dangerous to me especially getting out inside wide Vs Arsenal id be relucent to move him, also seeing their midfield Vs Wolves, they were very slow and lax at picking up midfield runners - we have to hit them were it hurts and thats midfield and behind their full backs and battering VVD and Matip.

I think DCL will to, but we will be holding this anxiety for the rest of the year.

Danny Cadamarteri mind.

Onana looked very dangerous to me especially getting out inside wide Vs Arsenal id be relucent to move him, also seeing their midfield Vs Wolves, they were very slow and lax at picking up midfield runners - we have to hit them were it hurts and that midfield and behind their full backs and battering VVD and Matip.

I think Dominic Calvert-Lewin will to, but we will be holding this anxiety for the rest of the year.

Doucoure and Onana will frighten them to death.

And if we get a lot of balls into the box their defence aren't going to repel everything. VVD is well past his best, but they need him to organise them at the back and he wont be playing.

Doucoure and Onana will frighten them to death.

And if we get a lot of balls into the box their defence aren't going to repel everything. VVD is well past his best, but they need him to organise them at the back and he wont be playing.

Im really looking forward to the game, i think we have the tools to ask questions and if we put in the performance like we did with Arsenal with the low block - i think it makes it harder fro them to overload and counter. I'm very confident of out muscling them in midfield and if we can disconnect them from their midifld and fullbacks i think we isolate their attackers. That's all based if we can maintain the Arsenal performance.

Ill take a point, because you just know the ref will crumble and we will get nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.