The impending forward crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news is that anything can happen in the derby - its a bit like a cup tie in that respect. It is in some ways a bit of a free hit for dyche after getting 3pts last weekend. Like you, many of us thought 1pt from these 2 games would be a measure of success.
Either way its all for naught if we dont step it up against Leeds on the 18th. That is the MUST WIN game.
If we get a point or three off Liverpool and United beat Leeds twice, we have a great opportunity to put Leeds right in it.

Let's hope United approach those games with the right attitude, starting tonight.

I'm hoping they still have Real Madrid in mind when they play us, because I think they've been targetting that tie since they fell out of the title race very early on before the World Cup break. If we play aggressively they'll back off.

Anything aproaching the Arsenal performance and we can get a result. If we do, that will be a massive boost to come out of those two first Dyche games with 4/6 points. I'd only hoped we could get 1 out of the 2 fixtures - with a major slice of luck.

Anything from Liverpool and we could really go into that Leeds game flying and hopefully landing them right in it.
Playing away from home is just a different kettle of fish. Not sure we have the pace to really hurt them.

I think liverpool are vulnerable to quick counters / isolating Alexander Arnold against a quick winger.

Might be a case of grinding it out for 60/70 and bringing grey on for last 20.

Playing away from home is just a different kettle of fish. Not sure we have the pace to really hurt them.

I think liverpool are vulnerable to quick counters / isolating Alexander Arnold against a quick winger.

Might be a case of grinding it out for 60/70 and bringing grey on for last 20.
We had them rocking on their heels when Gordon and Richarlison were running at them last time over there.

If we get a few set pieces to attack we can nick a goal and try and protect it. But I think we can do better than that and have Onana and Doucoure breaking on them too, forcing them to deal with uncomfortable situations.

I bloody hate having to spend the season intensely watching other teams scores.
Especially when I already know what the outcomes gonna be ?

Status
Not open for further replies.