The impending forward crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im really looking forward to the game, i think we have the tools to ask questions and if we put in the performance like we did with Arsenal with the low block - i think it makes it harder fro them to overload and counter. I'm very confident of out muscling them in midfield and if we can disconnect them from their midifld and fullbacks i think we isolate their attackers. That's all based if we can maintain the Arsenal performance.

Ill take a point, because you just know the ref will crumble and we will get nothing.

If it was at Goodison Ild be confident of some sort of result. But over there they'll have the advantage and the narrative has already been written for this one: it's all about Liverpool getting out of their 'crisis' rather than us getting out of our real one.

If it was at Goodison Ild be confident of some sort of result. But over there they'll have the advantage and the narrative has already been written for this one: it's all about Liverpool getting out of their 'crisis' rather than us getting out of our real one.

It`s the best time to play them for years.

The media are asking questions of Klopp, he`s getting all arsey and their fans are in a position, that they`re not used and don`t like it one bit.

Their midfield is garbage and slow, plus the likes of Trent and Saint Virgil are bang out of form.

There`s only Allison, that has kept them from losing more.

I’ve said we’ll win the next 2 when Dyche took over and I still stand by my belief despite all the mocking I’ve received.

Rs midfield is in a shamble. Pressing and aggression almost non existent. It will be tough but it’s not impossible. They will feel this is the worst time to play us as much as we feel this is the best opportunity to beat them.

It`s the best time to play them for years.

The media are asking questions of Klopp, he`s getting all arsey and their fans are in a position, that they`re not used and don`t like it one bit.

Their midfield is garbage and slow, plus the likes of Trent and Saint Virgil are bang out of form.

There`s only Allison, that has kept them from losing more.
I just want to batter them so much, that the gnashers on that homeless troglodyte of a manager get on a one way flight back to Mordor.

I’ve said we’ll win the next 2 when Dyche took over and I still stand by my belief despite all the mocking I’ve received.

Rs midfield is in a shamble. Pressing and aggression almost non existent. It will be tough but it’s not impossible. They will feel this is the worst time to play us as much as we feel this is the best opportunity to beat them.
I so hope you are right. It seems too much to hope for knowing Everton. You have to overcome offialdom as well as the opposition to get a result there and referee and var calls are going to one side only.

Dyche is a smart man and so is Klopp they will both be asking to bring the intensity. If we can see out the first 20min their heads will drop

I'm backing Dyche to fuel our players with jet fuel for this one

Maybe Dyche plays DCL from the start for an hour, but then looks to switch it up if we are behind and bring on Simms and Maupay together. Good mix of types and experience levels and I am sure would be a handful. problem is if you bring two strikers on to chase the game then where do you sacrifice?

I'm hoping they still have Real Madrid in mind when they play us, because I think they've been targetting that tie since they fell out of the title race very early on before the World Cup break. If we play aggressively they'll back off.

Anything aproaching the Arsenal performance and we can get a result. If we do, that will be a massive boost to come out of those two first Dyche games with 4/6 points. I'd only hoped we could get 1 out of the 2 fixtures - with a major slice of luck.

Anything from Liverpool and we could really go into that Leeds game flying and hopefully landing them right in it.

I'm hoping they still have Real Madrid in mind when they play us, because I think they've been targetting that tie since they fell out of the title race very early on before the World Cup break. If we play aggressively they'll back off.

Anything aproaching the Arsenal performance and we can get a result. If we do, that will be a massive boost to come out of those two first Dyche games with 4/6 points. I'd only hoped we could get 1 out of the 2 fixtures - with a major slice of luck.

Anything from Liverpool and we could really go into that Leeds game flying and hopefully landing them right in it.
Good news is that anything can happen in the derby - its a bit like a cup tie in that respect. It is in some ways a bit of a free hit for dyche after getting 3pts last weekend. Like you, many of us thought 1pt from these 2 games would be a measure of success.
Either way its all for naught if we dont step it up against Leeds on the 18th. That is the MUST WIN game.

Maupay scored 25 goals in 43 appearances in the Championship at the same age that Simms is now, having scored 7 goals in 17 appearances. Simms just doesn't have the experience, but whatever you think of his ability, Maupay can score and has long had a reputation for disrupting the opposition. In the Premier League, Maupay has scored about once in four appearances, even with being underutilized by Everton. He's been used as a late sub 7 times, but significantly started 2 of our 4 wins. I also think it's interesting that he scored the lone goal in one of those, and Dwight McNeil score the winning goal in the other. Those are two players largely abandoned by Frank and I hope to see them both do more under Dyche. Maupay has had the most success as part of a striker partnership, which I really do think could work with Demarai Gray in some matchups, but even working alone, he has a reputation for hard work and helping to make things happen.
Problem is Maupay scored those goals in a passing team like Brighton we don't play that way the central striker has to hold it up. He has good technique but isn't exceptional in pace or the air. He is better used off a target man. It's why for me I get why Maupay comes on for Dom at times or even plays off him but Simms also needs minutes to eventually be the actual target man rotation option.

All teams in a bad run want is Everton .

Status
Not open for further replies.