Dyche is the man

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd be more comfortable with Rodgers, who is always a 1-2 season wonder and then gets the sack for bad results, or Potter who was a product of great recruitment which we don't have?

...?
Agreed about Rodgers. He is a terrific short impact manager. I think a number of relegation threatened teams could do a lot worse than install him as manager. He can't build anything long term though.

yes and there are others as well. And I don’t think your opinion of Rodgers is widely shared tbh as he is currently favourite for the Spurs job.

Look what I see in Dyche is a mediocre manager getting average results. We can do better.
Not with this squad. Rodger’s was taking a better Leicester squad down. Potter had a billion pound squad in the bottom half.

Lampard?? Possibly the worst manager have ever had along with Benitez

Sorry, not having it that Dyche is some kind of miracle worker

He is what he is, a meat and potatoes manager getting basic results.

I think of that meant a season where we had 40 points by March, and we were well clear of relegation, I’d settle for that right now. It seems nailed on that we will get sanctions and or a points deduction for next season.

He is managing to get results where others have failed and get a tune out of a squad many had given up on, I’m not saying he’s perfect, but I like to see a team out there giving their all and his teams do that as a base point. Obviously it would be nice if we had a striker…

Like I said look at the list of free agent managers available there are at least 5 I’d be more comfortable with long term than him and yes I include the likes of Potter and Rodgers in that list
Brodge?

Come on now that's just not allowed

The only reason to not want to give Dyche a go long term is because of his record at Burnley and if we can’t attract better players for him and afford a squad worth twice of anything he’s ever had before then we’re not Everton anymore and need Dyche even more!

Is it only me that prefers watching this type of Everton than the type which Potter/Rodgers deliver?

Reminds me of the Joe Royle days...we just need to add a Kanchelskis, Ferguson, Parkinson and Speed and we may not be far off :p
its workmanlike stuff, no idea how it can be described as attractive in any way.

he's been in charge for 9 games, with a sub-35% win rate, 2 games of which required last minute goals to get a draw. Without those we would be 19th and hot favourites for the drop.

People need to pump the brakes on some of plaudits being doled out here, because this man failed to develop any discernible style at Burnley, its as much to do with philosophy as players at his disposal. Both Potter and Rodgers are actually better examples of what can be achieved at more limited outfits, and shouldnt be dismissed as easily as some here are attempting.

I think of that meant a season where we had 40 points by March, and we were well clear of relegation, I’d settle for that right now. It seems nailed on that we will get sanctions and or a points deduction for next season.

He is managing to get results where others have failed and get a tune out of a squad many had given up on, I’m not saying he’s perfect, but I like to see a team out there giving their all and his teams do that as a base point. Obviously it would be nice if we had a striker…
I think Dyche’s ability to coach a terminally soft squad into one that is now fighting for the full ninety minutes, right across the pitch, deserves far more respect and applause than he gets for it. That’s something repeated managers have failed to do under Moshiri. Who knows if he’s the answer long term but he’s doing better than could have been expected with this massively mixed bag of softarses.

Im actually enjoying watching us play, they look like they care now....and have a pair of balls.

Very organised, playing some decent wast stuff.

Its slowly getting better too.

Dont want to get carried away, but I like.

its workmanlike stuff, no idea how it can be described as attractive in any way.

he's been in charge for 9 games, with a sub-35% win rate, 2 games of which required last minute goals to get a draw. Without those we would be 19th and hot favourites for the drop.

People need to pump the brakes on some of plaudits being doled out here, because this man failed to develop any discernible style at Burnley, its as much to do with philosophy as players at his disposal. Both Potter and Rodgers are actually better examples of what can be achieved at more limited outfits, and shouldnt be dismissed as easily as some here are attempting.
2 of those games were against the top team in the league, 1 was against liverpool who we historical lose to away, and a draw to Tottenham who despite being erratic are top 3 in the league we've only lost 3 times since he took over, what are you realistically expecting a manager to do with an abysmal squad that doesn't even have a proper striker, sparse creative talent , the only lower half team that didn't bring in reinforcements during the window and one of the lowest scoring teams in english football? I think he's doing exceptional considering the circumstances

He’s a nothing manager yet he has stabilised us.

It’s not the rocket science you’re making it out to be
I never said it was, I just said we won't get anyone better at the moment because we are a basket case of a club with our future hanging in the balance and on top of it we have a poor track record with recruitment. Like it or not we need to go right back to basics and start again.

Status
Not open for further replies.