If we go down who do we keep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think we will be getting 30mil bids for him, that will be a few in front of him getting sold first. I think keeping the kids will be the main plan and build from there

I think all bets are off and the banks will sell whoever gets them money.

I think all bets are off and the banks will sell whoever gets them money.
That’s not going to happen, we will get parachute payments, think getting rid of out contacts plus dele. And then selling Onana, Pickford, Holgate, iwobi Godfrey? DCL, gray?
Probably saves over 50mil in wages and brings probably 150mil in fees . Added to
The last year in terms of P&S

Everyone should be for sale and we should actively look to sell as many players as possible to get the club into a secure financial position

You cant have high earners in the championship. Its a complete rebuild.

The big issue is if we do get relegated this club doesn’t have a winners culture so how long will it take to get promoted again ?

Realistically, I reckon we’d end up keeping.

Coleman
Mykolenko
Godfrey
Davies
Patterson
Garner
Simms
Cannon
Gray
McNeil

Can’t see Branthwaite, Pickford sticking around. Iwobi etc can go, for me.

Just to give you a picture of Championship finances an average player earns £10k a week, around a tenth of our average wage.

Luton's wage bill (all employees) is £15m compared to our £165m

Realistically how many other clubs would want the majority of this squad

I could cry thinking about the players who would have died for this club and what we have allegedly fighting for it’s cause now
Exactly this, which is why we have been paying the majority of Gomes £125k a week wages this season, he will still be here next season. Who is going to take him on that wage? Dele Alli, another year to run on £100k a week, we`d be stuck with him in the Championship and if he plays £10m to pay, cant afford to keep him and cant afford to play him! Same with Gbamin, another useless player stuck in the Championship with us on big wages, nobody else wants him on the wage we pay him.

These guys wont move to a club for massive pay cuts, useless players to us costing us 10s of millions a year when in the Championship our income will be cut by a quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.