If we go down who do we keep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the hell would anyone want to take our high earners? They’re the ones we’ll be stuck with. If 90% of our first team left it would be an absolute dream, it’s never happening.
nottingham forest bought a bunch of crap players no one wanted and paid them huge wages

clubs are stupid and buy stupid players

be plenty of promoted clubs next season who will buy our fodder and give them 50k wage rises

Maupay would stay. His goal scoring record in the Prem is dire. I can't see anyone being interested in him, frankly. The young lad Mykolenko would stay for the same reason, as would Davies, Garner and McNeil.

The rest could do a job at PL clubs and would probably move on.

Pickford will be off if we go down, and considering that he's the reason we still have a chance of staying up that's very worrying. I don't see this squad doing well in the Championship.
For me this squad doesn't survive in the Championship once you take Pickford out of it.

Been a long time since I've seen an Everton side look mentally beaten (outside of derby games)
If the worst was to happen , who do we realistically think will stay to try and help us come back up?

Gone:
Pickford
Mina
Iwobi
Onana
Maupay
Doucoure
Holgate

Maybe:
Coady (may be a sensible option for squad strength)
Gueye (wages may be too high)
Gray
Dcl (someone like arsenal may see him.as worth a punt for a plan b)
Tarkowski
godfrey
Keane
Branthwaite

I think the following is likely:
A new no1 gk
Patterson ,myko and godfrey as fullback options
Whoever stays out of tarkowski,Keane,coady and branthwaite as cb
Garner, Davies (if retained) central midfield
McNeil and gray (if he stays) out wide
Simms up front....

We'd need a massive squad overhaul and be reliant on some of the youth players stepping up

Very grim, realistic scenario we're facing
Hello league 1. That midfield and forward line is atrocious

I suspect that Branthwaite would put in a transfer request. He's been playing in European competitions and knows he has admirers. I doubt he'd fancy championship football with us.
Can do what he likes, hes our player till someone pays what the club would think is a very good price

I don't think dyche will be kept if we drop . Rightly or wrongly I don't see him surviving relegation
Yes I agree, I’m not convinced he stays if we survive, he wasn’t Moshiri’s man and if we limp over the line and there’s all change in the boardroom and new investors. It wouldn’t surprise me if he got rid

Status
Not open for further replies.