2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I look like I work in recruitment fella?

Leave that crap to the experts.

Something the muppets at our club have never done.
Could have guessed what your answer would be.

But it isn't as simple as just going out and picking up this magic manager who turns it all around, first he has to want to come and have the stomach for a relegation battle and then he actually has to implement a style of play that may not suit this tragic squad and turn it all around.

Am sure you'd be moaning about him to with no offer or idea of how to fix the problem. It's not a simple solution, it's years in the making, we are where we are and we went for a man who believes he can do it and has the stomach for it.

And by the way its not yet been proven the wrong decision, just becuae you dotn agree with his team selection or decisions. We only know that when he either keeps us up or not, so maybe stop crying and get behind the team.

Yes most of that is valid. But and it’s a big but, he didn’t make a single progressive substitution or tactical change to attempt to win that game in last 30 minutes. That’s why it’s fair to say he doesn’t attempt to win games. See also second half against Palace for another example.
We got 2 decent points on both of those games and gained on our rivals. He has a very limited squad who can't score goals and defenders who can't defend yet you want him to be progressive???

He made the right call in both games. He's just not flavour of the month at the moment.

We got 2 decent points on both of those games and gained on our rivals. He has a very limited squad who can't score goals and defenders who can't defend yet you want him to be progressive???

He made the right call in both games. He's just not flavour of the month at the moment.
Our goals conceded a game has gone up from 1.1 to 1.7. He shoehorned Michael Keane into the side and that is the result.

There was a chance yesterday to put Gray on (regardless of how crap he is), pace against tiring legs causes issues and creates opportunities.

There’s 6 games left, you can’t be hoping that others get you out of the mess. Sometimes you have to at least try and be proactive

Our goals conceded a game has gone up from 1.1 to 1.7. He shoehorned Michael Keane into the side and that is the result.

There was a chance yesterday to put Gray on (regardless of how crap he is), pace against tiring legs causes issues and creates opportunities.

There’s 6 games left, you can’t be hoping that others get you out of the mess. Sometimes you have to at least try and be proactive
There are many different ways of being proactive. Gray has been woeful of late and Iwobi and McNeil were doing a good job second half. Doucoure has good stamina and better at holding the ball up than Gray.

…I have to admit to not thinking about substitutions those last 15mins or so. I can see why some posters think it might have made a difference from an attacking perspective but it carries risk going the other way. Bringing Iwobi off, for example, would’ve involved a whole new right side.

Had we been trailing, then the defensive risk is worth taking but the game was so finely balanced. I know I’m in a minority but substitutions we’re not in my mind.
Although I was calling for fresh legs I could also see the point you make. I reckon SD's philosophy is if it ain't broke don't fix it. I thought he might use up a bit of time at the end by making a couple but then again, as the Madison-Vardy goal proved, it doesn't take long to score a goal from a misplaced pass.

I want him to do everything possible at his disposal to win games. He’s not doing that. Two points from last 2 games is a poor return, given our desperate situation.

There are many different ways of being proactive. Gray has been woeful of late and Iwobi and McNeil were doing a good job second half. Doucoure has good stamina and better at holding the ball up than Gray.
So playing for a point? Basically, it’s going good so don’t change it. That doesn’t get you out of relegation battles

Gray has pace to burn against defenders and is capable of just stretching the back line. That in itself can cause issues. Iwobi did not nothing and McNeil was solid defensively, put 1 or 2 good balls in and then nothing much.

He doesn't try to win games, and plays for a point

It will take us down
I think four points will probably keep us up. Having said that I can't see us getting four draws. I can see us getting a point at Brighton and at least a point at Wolves. Then three against already-safe Bournemouth for another grandstand finish. I'm more concerned about the result of the Forest Southampton game to be honest.

I can see us getting a point at Brighton and at least a point at Wolves.

Based on what though?

Brighton are better than us in every way imaginable, they score for fun and we concede for fun.

And wolves, maybe we can get something as they are already safe, but have you seen their home record under their new manager?.think they have conceded 1 or 2 goals since he's been there and won every game bar one

If we stay up it won’t be because of this clown it will be because Forest and Leeds are dreadful, the main reason why we are not 1000% fuming at this manager is because Forest were 9 minutes away from getting 3 points on sat, if they hung on then we are basically gone now because he doesn’t make managerial decisions to give us a chance in wining games
And the useless tit will get his 6m bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.