2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shots are all well and good but when they're low quality like Doucoure smashing it over the bar, Gana smashing it over the bar, McNeil floating one straight at the keeper from 25 yards out are pretty meaningless.

He needed to change something, either tactically or players. The was a big opportunity there and he didn't take it.

Gray has scored 4 all season. He is not exactly a hot prospect in front of goal.

But for some poor finishing including our best striker we would have won that game. He can’t legislate for DCL missing a sitter.

Shots are all well and good but when they're low quality like Doucoure smashing it over the bar, Gana smashing it over the bar, McNeil floating one straight at the keeper from 25 yards out are pretty meaningless.

He needed to change something, either tactically or players. The was a big opportunity there and he didn't take it.
Why ignore all the good quality ones though? Bit weird that.

So that means there were 8/9 games that were better than poor?

Looking at those poor performances, Arsenal, RS, Man U and Newcastle are top 4 (ish) teams Fulham is in the top half. What do you realistically expect the 19th best team in the EPL to do?

Leicester had 15 minutes, we had 75.

I know we WANT more, but that does not equate to we SHOULD GET more.

This is spot on.

The squad is poor. I can’t understand how people think this squad should be getting considerably more points than we have under Dyche.

Wolves and West Ham are just about managing more than one point per game played. Surely nobody can honestly say our squad (especially with DCL out) is better than theirs ?

Can’t say we didn’t go for it. Sometimes you have to accept we’re not quite good enough to get the points we want/need.

So that means there were 8/9 games that were better than poor?

Looking at those poor performances, Arsenal, RS, Man U and Newcastle are top 4 (ish) teams Fulham is in the top half. What do you realistically expect the 19th best team in the EPL to do?

Leicester had 15 minutes, we had 75.

I know we WANT more, but that does not equate to we SHOULD GET more.

I was responding to the poster who said we don't collapse as much as we did under Lampard.

I'd say collapsing in about 40% of games under Dyche would be quite similar.

1 win in 11 is pretty much Lampard stats yes?

What do I expect a 19th place team to do? To put in 100% maximum effort and outwork the opposition with things we can control such as running, tackling, marking, commitment, leaving everything on the pitch.

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

We haven't got the most skillful or creative squad so there's other ways they have to try and make it a more even footing.

This is spot on.

The squad is poor. I can’t understand how people think this squad should be getting considerably more points than we have under Dyche.

Wolves and West Ham are just about managing more than one point per game played. Surely nobody can honestly say our squad (especially with DCL out) is better than theirs ?
Just standard fans thinking they know it all im afraid and lots who just cant wait to get on seans back so we can sack him and get some mystical progressive manager who can turn this sqaud into title challegers.. .One minute we are crap and getting relegated, then sean comes in and suddenly he is expected to be playing progressive football when hes not had any chance to make any signings. Iis just people making noise for the sake of it, put ears defenders on, ignore the negative doomsayers and hope he can keep us up. Chance to rebuild over the summer either way.

Form since Dyche came in.

So we’ve outperformed all of the other relegation candidates, despite no first choice striker.

865B2630-58F8-4054-BBA2-A14697E52455.jpeg

Sorry but GAME MANAGEMENT.

Some saying he didn’t want to upset the balance and potentially loose the game when we’ve got lads blowing for tugs for the last 20 mins is some alternate reality nonsense. For me, there was more chance us conceding when players are crawling round the pitch done in.

Coady or Mina for the walking
catastrofuck Keane is a no brainier.

Doucure was so high he could have brought simms on and played the same way, and simms would have gave their two awful cbs something more to worry about.

Gray for iwobi and switch McNeil to the right, gray on be left and throw onana on for gana, who was on a yellow and knackered, and i think we beat them, at a time when wins are massive.

Status
Not open for further replies.