Summer transfer window 2023

That centre mid at Sunderland Ekwah looks a talent. Could cope with the physicality of the pl and looks tidy on the ball. I have only watched him twice but that makes me more qualified that Thelwell imo

Disagree mate, it is what it is, an indicator. A very useful one too.

For every Bolasie, you have a Klaassen. For every Schneiderlin, a Gbamin.

Niasse, Tosun, Moise Kean, Ramirez etc etc.

for every Jagielka a Cahill,
for every Lescott a Pienaar
for every Baines (IIRC he did play PL before us) an Arteta

We Can agree to disagree... but to focus on players who have PL experience is very limiting & expensive... and not been significantly more fruitful.

for every Jagielka a Cahill,
for every Lescott a Pienaar
for every Baines (IIRC he did play PL before us) an Arteta

We Can agree to disagree... but to focus on players who have PL experience is very limiting & expensive... and not been significantly more fruitful.

Well, the point was as an indicator - that is different from now saying focus.

You said you'd swerve Premier League experience as an indicator, and listed a few bad transfers from the Premier League as justification doesn't really wash when you can do it for non Premier League players too.

Premier League experience is no doubt a useful indicator - take Southampton - spent a fortune in January on players to beat the drop who can't get on the pitch.

The margins at the bottom of the Premier League are slim - a few savvy proven players at the top of the pitch would make the difference in ensuring safety. We've got to add some creativity an goals - that's very difficult to find. You can then gamble a bit more, IMO.

You said you'd swerve Premier League experience as an indicator, and listed a few bad transfers from the Premier League as justification doesn't really wash when you can do it for non Premier League players too.

Premier League experience is no doubt a useful indicator - take Southampton - spent a fortune in January on players to beat the drop who can't get on the pitch.

The margins at the bottom of the Premier League are slim - a few savvy proven players at the top of the pitch would make the difference in ensuring safety. We've got to add some creativity an goals - that's very difficult to find. You can then gamble a bit more, IMO.
Worded brilliantly!

The difference between probably 12 teams in this league is 1 or 2 forward players!
The rest are just big Athletic fella's legging it around, either in a good moment or not....or have someone good to give the ball too/or not! (See Iwobi, Doucoure when DCL is playing)

Theres a list of players to sell...hope it makes your day a little more sunny :)

Maupay
Gbamin
Gray
Gomes
Dele
Godfrey
Holgate
Keane
Iwobi
Doucoure
I would add Mina to the list unless we get a contract extension done on lower wages. Even then his injuries will come back.
Keane will stay want it or not
Coady i doubt will want to stay on the bench
Davies must be a typo error that he is not on your list lol
Doucoure + Iwobi: KEEP
Townsend: idem Davies
I have doubts on DCL + Gueye

Imagine we go down and add JP and Onana to that list

I didn't say it wasn't? They have loads of players who are around 25-26 so the average age is in that bracket. They don't have many gnarly old veterans but the majority of the squad is in their mid 20s and reasonably experienced. Off the top of my head when thinking of their regulars you're looking at the 2 Armstrongs, Adams, Ward-Prowse, Walker Peters, Maitland Niles, Bednarek etc along with Walcott who are all at least 25. There'll be a few more too. They've maybe asked too much of one or two younger lads - Bazunu and Lavia basically - but in the main they just have a squad full of fairly nothingy players in their mid 20s.
I think the problem with them is that apart from JWP their young kids are the more talented players in the squad, but perhaps not universally PL ready, whilst their experienced pros are just crap

Ever since we abandoned our strategy of finding cheap players in the lower leagues and abroad and started paying massive money for “proven” Premier League players we’ve just got worse and worse and worse.

For me I don't have an issue with us considering premier league experienced players if they're the correct fit like tarks but we seem to be unwilling to consider players outside of the premier except in rare cases now (onana) ,which I feel limits us recruitment wise. Like for a striker replacement for Dom was there anyone suitable and realistic in the Premier League for us that better funded teams wouldn't have first rights to? Instead we went with Maupay who is experienced in this League but didn't fit our type of play when someone in a different league had to be a better option