Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just one of the many negatives of being in a relegation battle, we get these visitors who are on a schadenfreude cruise pontificating over our suffering even though his team in their entire history have spent more years outside of the top flight than in it, they are unable to hide their glee.

Another one to add to the wonderful legacy of our board.

They can't all be as nice as me 😉

What team does he follow anyway?

I’ll be punching the air and dancing a jig of delight that this rancid season is over, that’s it.
Isn't that the same thing?

Anyway, others dont feel that way. They'll scowl and curse the club for not handing Everton another easy passage through to next season...like they have for all but 4 of the last 67 seasons.

Nothing wrong with wildly celebrating staying up given the enormity of it for us. We all should do it given what we’ve put through again this year

However we feel a lot like Villa under learner ready to drop one season

The sack the board chants should begin and banners should be out the second the final whistle is blown regardless of the outcome. There should be no wild celebrations, just a cheer of relief and then we need to get to work.

I’ll definitely be watching the Everton game on tv with the Leicester game on the laptop, Leeds score updating on the phone. Ours and Leicester’s games are equally important and I’ll be celebrating West Ham goals like we’ve won the league.

Hmmmm I was hoping you stayed up not sure now if you are referring to the miners strike that is so last century same as us winning the European Cup

Oh boy I'm going to enjoy all the 3 teams fans squirm on Sunday couldn't think of a better 3 teams to reap what they sow

Imagine coming to the People's Club and not expecting to be called a scab when your City scabbed. Clown.

I’ll definitely be watching the Everton game on tv with the Leicester game on the laptop, Leeds score updating on the phone. Ours and Leicester’s games are equally important and I’ll be celebrating West Ham goals like we’ve won the league.
It’s felt like the longest season of all time and there was even talk of us being mathematically down last week. As it is; we are going into the last game out of the relegation zone, with a game at Goodison to play. There have been so many different occasions this season when we didn’t think that would be possible. How many of us would’ve took this position after the Wolves home game? Southampton game? Brighton game? Newcastle game? Fulham game? In fact even after that diabolical January window I thought it was curtains, pardon the pun.

To have it in our hands in front of a raucous Goodison Park seemed impossible so the fact that we have it, and we can get ourselves over the line tomorrow can’t be a bad thing. One more game, just get it done Everton.

The club have photos from last seasons palace game at finch farm, utterly embarrassing. And people want to celebrate tomorrow like it’s an achievement.

As soon as the final whistle goes attention needs to turn to the board
I understood it last year. But if fans start to celebrate staying up like they would winning a trophy then it will cement it in the minds of the club/manager/players that it is somehow an acceptable level for us to operate at.

To take our minds off things, here's some images I generated using AI this morning:

Everton Mint

1685179241867.jpeg

Evertonians

1685179214794.jpeg

1685179205860.jpeg

1685179172446.jpeg

Leighton Baines, Enjoying Icecream

1685179134812.jpeg

Sean Dyche, War Photography
1685179059436.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.