Pre-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brand is not only about performance but also about perception...football is global nowadays and if you want to be a successful club you have to build on your global brand. Yes team is a factor, and having players of particular countries helps, but it doesn't start only when the team is sorted out...it works in parallel
Our global brand is not positive at the moment.

Everton have completely ignored its fanatical Irish fan base for years.

We played Rovers every year from about 66 to 72. It was what made me a Blue Rover. Seeing that 69/70 team at Milltown is something I will never forget.

Bally's white boots.

Here I am still loving that RBJ over 50 years later.

We played Rovers every year from about 66 to 72. It was what made me a Blue Rover. Seeing that 69/70 team at Milltown is something I will never forget.

Bally's white boots.

I get not sending the first team over, but we used to send "An Everton XI" across. No reason the u21's couldnt go over annually.

Bally's white boots.

I was hoping we might play Sligo for a Coleman testimonial

Irdning was more embarrassing.

The social media dining out as @DanEFC92 was the embarrassing part, I did think it was a good thing we did for the locals to come for a game after using their facilities. From the Irdning wiki (the town as the club itself doesn't even have a wiki page lol):

"Due to its altitude and remote but easy to access location, Irdning has been regularly used by football teams for training camp purposes. These have included Real Madrid (2008), Fulham F.C., Red Bull Salzburg, Stoke City, AS Roma, Everton F.C. and VfB Stuttgart. The England national football team trained here before the 2010 World Cup.[3] Thousands of spectators come each time in order to request autographs from the players and watch the training."

Just looking back at Irdning game now, Sandro not getting a goal against them really should have prompted him to retire from professional football.

Status
Not open for further replies.