2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
A decent player that works hard but is haunted by an over inflated transfer fee. I would like to keep him but it's clear he won't sign that contract that is on the table so we need to try to move him on for some cash and replace him.

Yeah, he shouldve just handed out cheques instead.

Also, £150-£200? I probably spent not far off that myself for easter. You are talking a lot more than £200 for what he had there. And yes hes got the money to do it, but hes not obligated, and everyone there will have been made up, with the thought and hisn showing up as much as the chocolate.

Honestly, some people just cant win.

Theres enough to moan about Everton at the moment without taking a pop at a young lad doing something charitable.

£1 Easter eggs? How many did he hand out?

The contract situation will determine is Iwobi stays or leaves... and that seems to have gone very quiet just now.
I think we are probably talking of a fe around 20m.
Are we going to buy him again???

We are the only ones stupid enough to pay 20m+ for this guy....

10-15m max if we are lucky.

Wouldn't let him go unless they were offering 20 + mil. He's a better player than the one we (over)paid 35 mil for. He's currently the only real progressive passer and decent ball carrier we have in the team and since the start of last year has been one of the hardest workers.

That said, last year of his contract, last chance to get a fee. Wouldn't be livid if it happened.
We can’t afford to let him walk away for nothing, he’s not really going to be difference of staying up or going down. He’s a good footballer but doesn’t really score or assist many. And if dyche is going to keep playing him on the right, then he’s not a great loss as he’s not great there Imo

Iwobi is much improved under Lamps and has maintained that under Dyche. He and McNeil carry do our more attacking MF work and also track back and get in the way (agree with previous comments re: actual tackling and heading, btw).

Sell him for what - maybe 20m - prob less, replace with who and on how much? I feel we know what he does, has delivered with Dyche, seems mostly injury free, has worked hard to improve here, links up with Doucs and the others when we're going forward and it's more useful in keeping us up than too much change.

But, 10-15m to Leeds and a swap for Gnonto wouldn't be heart-breaking either and probably give us more goals.

Iwobi is much improved under Lamps and has maintained that under Dyche. He and McNeil carry do our more attacking MF work and also track back and get in the way (agree with previous comments re: actual tackling and heading, btw).

Sell him for what - maybe 20m - prob less, replace with who and on how much? I feel we know what he does, has delivered with Dyche, seems mostly injury free, has worked hard to improve here, links up with Doucs and the others when we're going forward and it's more useful in keeping us up than too much change.

But, 10-15m to Leeds and a swap for Gnonto wouldn't be heart-breaking either and probably give us more goals.
Just getting 5/6 more goals, will be worth a lot more than a few tidy passes each game

The contract situation will determine is Iwobi stays or leaves... and that seems to have gone very quiet just now.
I think we are probably talking of a fe around 20m.

Id be astounded at £20mil.

Id be ecstatic at £15mil.

Wouldn't let him go unless they were offering 20 + mil. He's a better player than the one we (over)paid 35 mil for. He's currently the only real progressive passer and decent ball carrier we have in the team and since the start of last year has been one of the hardest workers.

That said, last year of his contract, last chance to get a fee. Wouldn't be livid if it happened.
Are you saying Iwobi is better than Onana???

Surely not.... maybe I read this wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.