2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, he’s been horribly inconsistent, but I just watched the Brighton highlights again a few days ago and the passes he made for 2 of the goals were superb. It’s just that he always tries to do everything at 100mph. He has the talent, but like a lot of our players, his role in the team seems to vary from game to game.

He's like poor mans Bruno at United, always tries to do the 'risky' pass and when you're down the bottom and have no attacking talent around you of any worth it's not going to pull off the majority at the time.

He's like poor mans Bruno at United, always tries to do the 'risky' pass and when you're down the bottom and have no attacking talent around you of any worth it's not going to pull off the majority at the time.
There's not a single player in our team that does the "risky pass". Every single game I watched last year bar Brighton was sideways or back passing. Absolute kings of bad foreplay

Maybe you should read the whole post as an explanation why. Bruno always tries a risky pass and plays football at 100mph. Iwobi is the same in that respect, he's just nowhere near as good.

What annoys me about Iwobi is that he’s just got no conviction in anything he does. Its no wonder half his passes across field get intercepted because he spends five minutes weighing up whether to make it or not, telegraphing it to the opposition, and even then under hitting it because he’s not sure. He then massively overcompensates and will leather a simple through ball out of play for no reason.

Just not good enough and he’s cost us a lot of points with his utter stupidity in the middle of the pitch losing possession. Thanks for the Newcastle and Leicester goals and good bye.

There's not a single player in our team that does the "risky pass". Every single game I watched last year bar Brighton was sideways or back passing. Absolute kings of bad foreplay

Disagree, he does try them, he just has a horrible consistency to his game where his brain and foot don't compute and work together at times.
What annoys me about Iwobi is that he’s just got no conviction in anything he does. Its no wonder half his passes across field get intercepted because he spends five minutes weighing up whether to make it or not, telegraphing it to the opposition, and even then under hitting it because he’s not sure. He then massively overcompensates and will leather a simple through ball out of play for no reason.

Just not good enough and he’s cost us a lot of points with his utter stupidity in the middle of the pitch losing possession. Thanks for the Newcastle and Leicester goals and good bye.
...and this is why I would let him go, he isn't 21 anymore and we can't afford to rely on inconsistency and 'talent', we need results.

He’s on a wedge and is out of contract next year. If someone wants him for money they can have him… or we pay him 100k a week for a year and he leaves for zero

Quite clearly available
Quite clearly nobody is fighting and falling over themselves having him at their club next year.
I cant work out why. Its a mystery.

Quite clearly available
Quite clearly nobody is fighting and falling over themselves having him at their club next year.
I cant work out why. Its a mystery.

Wages.

If he was willing to accept the same wages as Ellis Simms loads of clubs would be after him. But he’s on top dollar at Everton and he will want that to continue. But nobody is willing to match anything like his current wages, especially on top of a transfer fee.

I wouldn't be too fussed if Iwobi goes. But the most annoying part is that the first 75% of his time here he's been totally useless. Then as soon as he has a half decent season he's off.

Status
Not open for further replies.