2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marco Silva is interested in him .....
As I read this, I realised I had no idea which manager signed Iwobi for us.

I remember a time before Iwobi, and I know this time with Iwobi - but I absolutely could not bring to mind his signing.

Even after looking it up, I find myself not quite able to comprehend that Silva signed him.

I guess Iwobi hasn't done enough at Everton to earn a better contract. He's obviously hot going to accept a pay cut. So if we've offered him the same or less and he doesn't want to sign it. Then he either sits out his contract or goes now or in January. I imagine, we'd accept a decent offer, rather than him going on a free. But the club shouldn't be held to ransom.

I guess Iwobi hasn't done enough at Everton to earn a better contract. He's obviously hot going to accept a pay cut. So if we've offered him the same or less and he doesn't want to sign it. Then he either sits out his contract or goes now or in January. I imagine, we'd accept a decent offer, rather than him going on a free. But the club shouldn't be held to ransom.
This is an understatement.

He had 6-8 months where he was good and the rest he has been poor, very poor, he's been here for 4 years.
Sell at any price

If Iwobi goes to Fulham, will he improve them. Yes, I think he will.

if he leaves Everton and we recoup say 20-25m will we be better off ? No, I don’t think we would.

Keep - unless he wants to go and won’t sign the extension

If Iwobi goes to Fulham, will he improve them. Yes, I think he will.

if he leaves Everton and we recoup say 20-25m will we be better off ? No, I don’t think we would.

Keep - unless he wants to go and won’t sign the extension
Obviously depends on what we do with the money. If we use it to buy a centre forward who can stay fit and score a few goals then we will be better off. If we use it on lawnmowers and 734 point reviews we won't.

As I read this, I realised I had no idea which manager signed Iwobi for us.

I remember a time before Iwobi, and I know this time with Iwobi - but I absolutely could not bring to mind his signing.

Even after looking it up, I find myself not quite able to comprehend that Silva signed him.
I think rumers at the time suggested it was not Silva signing iwobi but moshiri who liked him while they were both at Arsenal ?

Then we will be a worse team when he leaves
I agree. The only thing we can offer is more money and while I’m a fan of the player we should not do that. We have done nothing else over his time here to make this a place he’d want to stay at. I’d be stunned if he’s here to start next season.

I agree. The only thing we can offer is more money and while I’m a fan of the player we should not do that. We have done nothing else over his time here to make this a place he’d want to stay at. I’d be stunned if he’s here to start next season.

Hahahaha he has done nothing in that time to make us better. He’s something like our second most expensive signing ever. Sorry we couldn’t buy loads of top players to carry you Alex (he had these at Arsenal and was also crud)

Status
Not open for further replies.