2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is literally our only slightly creative player and some with very questionable logic think we're better off without him.
More likely we’re better getting some money for him rather than being another Mina costing us over £50m over 5 years with very little return performance wise. Thats £100m from 2 very average players one slightly better than the other but made out of tissue paper another questionable logic is shouts of resign the one made out of tissue paper another one who added to our woes and I’m glad has moved on don’t bring him back ffs 😂

This is an understatement.

He had 6-8 months where he was good and the rest he has been poor, very poor, he's been here for 4 years.
Sell at any price
I agree before Lampard came in he was awful. But have to say he's been one of our most important players for the last season and a half. Sell at any price is a bad Idea though. He still has a value both in the transfer market and to the team. We will have to replace him, if he goes.

It still might be worth keeping him untill his contract is up. I hope it doesn't come to that, but is someone offered say £5million it would cost the club more to replace him even with a loan signing.

I agree before Lampard came in he was awful. But have to say he's been one of our most important players for the last season and a half. Sell at any price is a bad Idea though. He still has a value both in the transfer market and to the team. We will have to replace him, if he goes.

It still might be worth keeping him untill his contract is up. I hope it doesn't come to that, but is someone offered say £5million it would cost the club more to replace him even with a loan signing.
It cant be difficult to replace what he offers the team, he isnt our worst player but while he still has some value then offload otherwise we dont get a penny next season.

We sell him for 10-15 mil plus remove his reported 100-120K a week and use just his salary on a couple of shrewd loans.

It cant be difficult to replace what he offers the team, he isnt our worst player but while he still has some value then offload otherwise we dont get a penny next season.

We sell him for 10-15 mil plus remove his reported 100-120K a week and use just his salary on a couple of shrewd loans.

We either cough up for a new deal or sell him now. It would just be plain stupid letting him go for a free next year, by Xmas he will be talking to new clubs and have fully checked out as one big injury and he'll have zero income.

Even if we get 8 million for him it is better than the alternative.

He’s absolutely crap.

We either cough up for a new deal or sell him now. It would just be plain stupid letting him go for a free next year, by Xmas he will be talking to new clubs and have fully checked out as one big injury and he'll have zero income.

Even if we get 8 million for him it is better than the alternative.
An 6 month purple patch in 4 years isnt enough to warrant a new deal, a new deal which will be a pay increase also.
He needs to go this window his output for the team cant be hard to replace for half his salary.

What i guess will happen is we keep him and he will be good for the first month or so, we offer him a new deal 3-4 years then boom back to his usual self and were stuck with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.