2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brighton, last home game of the season to stay up, needed to win and 1-0 up.

A few times he was the carrier leading the counter and each time he failed to put it through to make it effective, putting us on the back foot again.

It was incredibly frustrating but not sure if it’s due to the other attacking players as his goal against Newcastle the season before was incredible and he had a few good games

Always been personally against him as a signing but I don’t think he’ll ever play at this level after us, maybe a Spanish team.

This lads problem is that he obviously has the skill set but does not know how to use it and that is not good enough for anyone and us in his stage of his career.
He can run and beat a man, but does it at the wrong time.
He can cross but shoots.
He can shoot but crosses.
He crosses hard when it should be soft.
He crosses soft when it should be hard.
He won’t tackle.
He very rarely tackles.
Does not head the ball.

Whilst I am highlighting his issues most of them could be eliminated if he could just read the game a little or a someone give him a good shake and bring that footballer to the fore.

If not he has to move on, we have to stop being the club hat keeps on giving, unless it’s remitted and he doesn’t at the moment. We have limited players and funds and can’t afford passengers.

This lads problem is that he obviously has the skill set but does not know how to use it and that is not good enough for anyone and us in his stage of his career.
He can cross but shoots.
He won’t tackle.
He very rarely tackles.
Does not head the ball.

Whilst I am highlighting his issues most of them could be eliminated if he could just read the game a little or a someone give him a good shake and bring that footballer to the fore.

If not he has to move on, we have to stop being the club hat keeps on giving, unless it’s remitted and he doesn’t at the moment. We have limited players and funds and can’t afford passengers.

Think he’s more bothered about his brand tbh.

Can’t confirm what his wages are but the £150-£200 he spent to giving out Easter eggs, to then let the kids who where waiting to get one outside with their parents and drive off did it for me.

#brand17 yo

He can cross but shoots.
He won’t tackle.
He very rarely tackles.
Does not head the ball.

True, and big part of football is knowing what to do and when to do it, as much as how to. This lack of knowledge is why Walcott was utter crap (and failed at Arsenal so, of course, we went in with a big money offer - stop buying other clubs' failures/cast offs!).

He can cross but shoots.
He won’t tackle.
He very rarely tackles.
Does not head the ball.

Said this before, plays like he's made of bone china. Absolutely not interested in the physical aspects of putting himself in 'harms' way. Seen him duck out of more aerial should-be-challenges than I can remember ever.

Think he’s more bothered about his brand tbh.

Can’t confirm what his wages are but the £150-£200 he spent to giving out Easter eggs, to then let the kids who where waiting to get one outside with their parents and drive off did it for me.

#brand17 yo

Yeah, he shouldve just handed out cheques instead.

Also, £150-£200? I probably spent not far off that myself for easter. You are talking a lot more than £200 for what he had there. And yes hes got the money to do it, but hes not obligated, and everyone there will have been made up, with the thought and hisn showing up as much as the chocolate.

Honestly, some people just cant win.

Theres enough to moan about Everton at the moment without taking a pop at a young lad doing something charitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back