2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think Iwobi's vision is good and his technique is where it goes wrong.

That's going to be met with vehement opposition I'm sure, but I think he's a smart player.
poor crossing technique for sure
He misses a lot of better options often...technique not even in question for that

Puts a shift in, I'll give him that

4th in distance covered in the Premier League last season as far as I can find so I'm not too sure what you mean by that. I'd also suggest that winning the Players' Player of the Season would suggest he's appreciated by his teammates for what he did this past year.
Ask yourself why Iwobi never ends up with goals or ends up through on goal. Why does he have to create his own chances and never actually threaten to score? It’s because his movement off the ball is awful. Aimless movement off the ball means nothing. He doesn’t make a through run. He asks for the ball to feet and stops the play EVERY TIME. He runs like a headless chicken and does what? I am not referring to defense or ground covered. Again, cherry picking my point

Actually dying for you to tell me what he was good at that wasn't passing based

Xavi was one of the most intelligent footballers I’ve ever seen. His reading of the game was telepathic, he was pretty much impossible to mark as he was constantly moving into space. He basically had eyes in the back of his head, saw the entire pitch from wherever he was. He also got into the box and chipped in with a fair few goals. He’s one of the most complete midfielders of all time, actually hilarious that you just think he stood in the centre circle and passed to Messi. It’s really embarrassing you pretending you understand football, I’d just stop at this point if I were you.

Xavi was one of the most intelligent footballers I’ve ever seen. His reading of the game was telepathic, he was pretty much impossible to mark as he was constantly moving into space. He basically had eyes in the back of his head, saw the entire pitch from wherever he was. He also got into the box and chipped in with a fair few goals. He’s one of the most complete midfielders of all time, actually hilarious that you just think he stood in the centre circle and passed to Messi. It’s really embarrassing you pretending you understand football, I’d just stop at this point if I were you.
All of that was useful because he could dominate a game by passing.

Anyway I'm not surprised this took a turn into you calling me an idiot but the point I'm making and am still standing behind is saying "all he does is pass" is completely asinine.

All of that was useful because he could dominate a game by passing.

Anyway I'm not surprised this took a turn into you calling me an idiot but the point I'm making and am still standing behind is saying "all he does is pass" is completely asinine.

Honestly mate I don’t take any pleasure from you saying the most ridiculous things I’ve ever read, it’s quite painful because I don’t believe you’re a bad guy and genuinely do want to help you understand the game better.

Ask yourself why Iwobi never ends up with goals or ends up through on goal.
Because the whole team's utter gash and he's not a good finisher.

Why does he have to create his own chances and never actually threaten to score? It’s because his movement off the ball is awful. Aimless movement off the ball means nothing. He doesn’t make a through run. He asks for the ball to feet and stops the play EVERY TIME.
There are plenty of other potential answers to that question like the tactics that are asked of him, positioning on the pitch etc.

He runs like a headless chicken and does what? I am not referring to defense or ground covered. Again, cherry picking my point
Genuinely didn't know what point you were trying to make which is why I said: "I'm not too sure what you mean by that".

Honestly mate I don’t take any pleasure from you saying the most ridiculous things I’ve ever read, it’s quite painful because I don’t believe you’re a bad guy and genuinely do want to help you understand the game better.
Definitely helping when you make proclamations, they don't happen, and then just move on to new ones

Key Pass: The final pass or pass-cum-shot leading to the recipient of the ball having an attempt at goal without scoring.

Chances Created: Assists plus Key passes.
ok fair enough
the 5 yard sideways pass in own half doesn't seem very 'key' to me but ok

the xG of the shot, or xA of the chance created still matters though and Iwobi lags behind in that metric

Because the whole team's utter gash and he's not a good finisher.

There are plenty of other potential answers to that question like the tactics that are asked of him, positioning on the pitch etc.

Genuinely didn't know what point you were trying to make which is why I said: "I'm not too sure what you mean by that".
1. People blamed the other players for Sigurdsson stinking the joint out. Iwobi does not offer an attacking outlet and it shows since he never ends up in on goal. We are booting Simms to Coventry for that same reason. As others said he just sits back, holds onto the ball and gives it off to other players.

2. The tactics are the way they are because he is shoehorned into the side (we don’t have options). Put a different player in there that makes decent runs and is more direct/creative and we are a much better team. Maybe more direct but much less meandering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back