2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
thing is Olise also made more successful passes in the final third than Iwobi
Gibbs White higher percentage successful passes final third
Yet both are positioned lower on the graph

It's not measuring either of those things is probably why.

He's not our worst player, but he's not great, and wasn't worth the money or his wage
1 year left, won't sign, we should sell if possible
just doubt there would be many takers

I'd agree he wasn't worth the fee and a new contract would most likely see him earn more than he'd deserve.

With our current financial predicament and current terrible team though, it'd make more sense for us to keep him than try and sell him and then have to buy yet another player.

It's not measuring either of those things is probably why.

I'd agree he wasn't worth the fee and a new contract would most likely see him earn more than he'd deserve.

With our current financial predicament and current terrible team though, it'd make more sense for us to keep him than try and sell him and then have to buy yet another player.
Passes into the box right?
Excluding crosses presumably because he's way behind the other two on that

It seems to me the graph is measuring nothing about effectiveness

If we got anything for him its worth it, he's gone for nothing next summer

Passes into the box right?
Excluding crosses presumably because he's way behind the other two on that

It seems to me the graph is measuring nothing about effectiveness

If we got anything for him its worth it, he's gone for nothing next summer
Final third and the box are two separate things.

All Xavi did was get the ball and pass to someone else.

I mean can I do the football isn't for you thing? If you don't appreciate players passing to teammates maybe football isn't for you.

Disclaimer: no Iwobi is not in Xavi's universe but "all he does is pass" is a patently ridiculous thing to say.

Tell me you never watched Xavi without telling me you never watched Xavi.

yes they are
but chances created is a measure of effectiveness
kicking a ball over a painted white line is not

Chances created are Assists + Key passes. So if I play a 5-yard pass sideways in my own half and someone shoots, that's a key pass on the tally. The same if I do the same pass and they go on a mazy and score.

As I said, all stats are a bit sketchy without context.

All Xavi did was get the ball and pass to someone else.

I mean can I do the football isn't for you thing? If you don't appreciate players passing to teammates maybe football isn't for you.

Disclaimer: no Iwobi is not in Xavi's universe but "all he does is pass" is a patently ridiculous thing to say.
Please stop

Dani Alves once said 'Xavi doesn't play with the rest of us, he plays in the future'
because he already knew the right pass before he got the ball
How many times have you seen Iwobi go round in circles or not do the obvious pass?

passing is easy... picking the right pass is not
The fact that needs saying is baffling

Chances created are Assists + Key passes. So if I play a 5-yard pass sideways in my own half and someone shoots, that's a key pass on the tally. The same if I do the same pass and they go on a mazy and score.

As I said, all stats are a bit sketchy without context.
Not true
A key pass is one that breaks the line
A sideways pass can be a lucky assist though

A chance created would not be measured after the mazy run
The chance created in own half shot would be measured but so low on xG it barely registers

Fact is
Iwobi is not more effective than players positioned below him on that graph
Not in final balls, chances created, or anything else

Kicking the ball into the box too far ahead of the striker would also show up on that graph
Pointless

Anyway, he's our player, and he wasn't the worst of them last season, not by a long shot

Not true

The chance created in own half shot would be measured but so low on xG it barely registers

Fact is
Iwobi is not more effective than players positioned below him on that graph
Not in final balls, chances created, or anything else

Kicking the ball into the box too far ahead of the striker would also show up on that graph
Pointless

Anyway, he's our player, and he wasn't the worst of them last season, not by a long shot
Pretty sure it's counting completed passes

Please stop

Dani Alves once said 'Xavi doesn't play with the rest of us, he plays in the future'
because he already knew the right pass before he got the ball
How many times have you seen Iwobi go round in circles or not do the obvious pass?

passing is easy... picking the right pass is not
The fact that needs saying is baffling
I honestly think Iwobi's vision is good and his technique is where it goes wrong.

That's going to be met with vehement opposition I'm sure, but I think he's a smart player.

4th in distance covered in the Premier League last season as far as I can find so I'm not too sure what you mean by that. I'd also suggest that winning the Players' Player of the Season would suggest he's appreciated by his teammates for what he did this past year.
I don't think anybody doubts his effort, he clearly works hard
but he's not CL standard, won't get it, so should sign or be sold if possible

Not true

Key Pass: The final pass or pass-cum-shot leading to the recipient of the ball having an attempt at goal without scoring.

Chances Created: Assists plus Key passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back