2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don’t think we even needed him when he was signed. We were after Zaha. Was very dodgy.
yea, was pathetic
Well ran clubs will wait it out for preferred target in next window or get stuff sorted early in the first place

It's Kenwright through and through
Theatrical nonsense
Go through the window feeling abject only to be lifted by a few signings on deadline day, making him some sort of genius to throw flowers at grrrr
God I envy clubs that have nothing to do on deadline day

yea, was pathetic
Well ran clubs will wait it out for preferred target in next window or get stuff sorted early in the first place

It's Kenwright through and through
Theatrical nonsense
Go through the window feeling abject only to be lifted by a few signings on deadline day
God I envy clubs that have nothing to do on deadline day
Think this signing was on Moshiri wasn’t it?

https://www.[Publication is blackli...rton-to-sign-25-year-old-moshiri-forced-deal/

This club was at one point in a position to kick on and challenge for top 4. What has clearly happened is there’s always at least 3 different people wanting to sign different players without any long term planning.

I actually don’t blame any of the DOFs we’ve had. Think their jobs were largely impossible due to Moshiri and Kenwright sticking their noses in.

No, it's entirely predictable, despite what spreadsheet iguana has to say about it.
It's frustrating that you seem to be privy to the club's conversations about transfers but choose not to share it with the rest of us. Tofeenut you ain't.

Other than that, Iwobi is a decent player with some very obvious limitations. I thought we'd all agreed on that now, but here we are cryarsing like it's 2019 all over again.

This graph is not accurate as well as being meaningless and misleading

Both Olise and Gibbs-White are shown below iwobi

-----------Chances created/90-----Big Chances/90-----Mins/chance creation--Goals---Assists
GibbsW-------1.92 ----------------------0.29 ------------------ 47 ---------------- 5--------12
Olise---------- 2.35----------------------0.36-------------------38------------------2--------11
Iwobi----------1.71----------------------0.21-------------------53------------------2---------8

It's not even close
They are both more effective attackers than Iwobi

The graph doesn't show any of the categories you're talking about so I don't know what argument you're making about not being accurate.

They are both more effective attackers than Iwobi
I'd agree. They're both also playing for better sides than us which has to be factored in, however.

All I've said is that he's a good player and he's the only one for us who is even in these conversations. The idea that people just want rid of him, regardless of his contract situation, says it all about people having their priorities wrong and where the weaknesses in this side are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back