2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would Dyche sell him unless he was guaranteed a a fair bit of money, and a guaranteed replacement. He can play in numerous positions and managers like that.

It’s a graph that suggests Harvey Elliott is better at any aspect of the game than Bernardo Silva, I’m comfortable with my decision to confine it to the irrelevance bin.
Harvey Elliot gets on base… Iwobi is an athlete who gets paid to play football as his secondary function, our squad has far too many of these types. Sell before he leaves for free and get a footballer please Kevin, then perhaps we wouldn’t have to get rid of any promising youngsters who aren’t trousering 100k a week

This is not on either axis

XgChain is a fancy way of measuring a players effectiveness at creating goalscoring chances. But its taking the entire process of attack and not just the assist to measure this effectiveness.

Considering what I know from Iwobi, I can definitely surmise that this graph supports the idea that he is lacking in quality in the final third. High number of balls into the box, but a low contribution in involvements ending in good goalscoring opportunities. You'd expect the ball into the box to be the ball that creates the final chance in most instances.

Obviously XgChain as a measure is vague when measuring an individual as his team mates can skew the measure. But again, considering what we know of Iwobi, this isn't really the case. He isn't very good, is he?

XgChain is a fancy way of measuring a players effectiveness at creating goalscoring chances. But its taking the entire process of attack and not just the assist to measure this effectiveness.

Considering what I know from Iwobi, I can definitely surmise that this graph supports the idea that he is lacking in quality in the final third. High number of balls into the box, but a low contribution in involvements ending in good goalscoring opportunities. You'd expect the ball into the box to be the ball that creates the final chance in most instances.

Obviously XgChain as a measure is vague when measuring an individual as his team mates can skew the measure. But again, considering what we know of Iwobi, this isn't really the case. He isn't very good, is he?
I mean yes and no. I don't think he's particularly good in the final third and that will show up here. I also think he's a lot better in the middle third and his usefulness lies in moving the ball to other players closer to goal who can then be the ones who create chances. Essentially a box to box player. And as we don't have any real creative players in the team you're just not going to see a high number in this metric from anyone.

I do like xG chain as something to look at but personally I'm not someone who values it a whole lot because of how skewed it is toward better overall teams. Where Iwobi lies playing for Everton is more impressive than Henderson playing with the RS because we can't give the ball to Salah and let him make something from nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back