2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best we can hope for this summer. Still feel he’ll end up in Turkey on a free next year.
Every few games looks half decent, runs around a lot, makes suicide passes, head drops when we’re getting beat and sometimes looks like he’s never played football before.

The money spent makes me feel a bit sick.

Every few games looks half decent, runs around a lot, makes suicide passes, head drops when we’re getting beat and sometimes looks like he’s never played football before.

The money spent makes me feel a bit sick.

The image of him desperately waddling around like he’s crapped his pants with his predator hair bouncing about while the opposition break 4 on 2 through our midfield towards the Gwladys Street net will forever be my abiding memory of the Moshiri era.

Good player.

F0LLNGJacAAfnzz
This graph is not accurate as well as being meaningless and misleading

Both Olise and Gibbs-White are shown below iwobi

-----------Chances created/90-----Big Chances/90-----Mins/chance creation--Goals---Assists
GibbsW-------1.92 ----------------------0.29 ------------------ 47 ---------------- 5--------12
Olise---------- 2.35----------------------0.36-------------------38------------------2--------11
Iwobi----------1.71----------------------0.21-------------------53------------------2---------8

It's not even close
They are both more effective attackers than Iwobi

This graph is not accurate as well as being meaningless and misleading

Both Olise and Gibbs-White are shown below iwobi

Chances created/90 Big Chances/90 Mins/chance creation Goals Assists
GibbsW 1.92 0.29 47 5 12
Olise 2.35 0.36 38 2 11
Iwobi 1.71 0.21 53 2 8

It's not even close
They are both more effective attackers than Iwobi

It’s almost like anyone can cherry pick a set of numbers to suit whatever narrative they want, but only by watching actual real life football matches do you objectively see a player’s level.

Tbh, I will be a little gutted if he goes as he has started to really find his feet the last 2 seasons. Sad thing is, we will sell because we HAVE to (if I was to believe that we are at rock bottom)

I just think he has bedded in well

It’s almost like anyone can cherry pick a set of numbers to suit whatever narrative they want, but only by watching actual real life football matches do you objectively see a player’s level.
Absolutely
We don't need stats to see that Iwobi is not as effective as Olise and Gibbs-White, but they do back up that fact lol

Tbh, I will be a little gutted if he goes as he has started to really find his feet the last 2 seasons. Sad thing is, we will sell because we HAVE to (if I was to believe that we are at rock bottom)

I just think he has bedded in well
He isn't signing a new contract and fancies himself good enough for a CL team
He is out of contract next summer
We should sell if we can

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back