2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
The graph doesn't show any of the categories you're talking about so I don't know what argument you're making about not being accurate.

I'd agree. They're both also playing for better sides than us which has to be factored in, however.

All I've said is that he's a good player and he's the only one for us who is even in these conversations. The idea that people just want rid of him, regardless of his contract situation, says it all about people having their priorities wrong and where the weaknesses in this side are.

Iwobi used to play for Arsenal and got laughed out of the club.

Think this signing was on Moshiri wasn’t it?

This club was at one point in a position to kick on and challenge for top 4. What has clearly happened is there’s always at least 3 different people wanting to sign different players without any long term planning.

I actually don’t blame any of the DOFs we’ve had. Think their jobs were largely impossible due to Moshiri and Kenwright sticking their noses in.
yes I think you're right, it was Moshiri

Everyone pulling in different directions has hurt us greatly

The graph doesn't show any of the categories you're talking about so I don't know what argument you're making about not being accurate.

I'd agree. They're both also playing for better sides than us which has to be factored in, however.

All I've said is that he's a good player and he's the only one for us who is even in these conversations. The idea that people just want rid of him, regardless of his contract situation, says it all about people having their priorities wrong and where the weaknesses in this side are.
The graph is about attacking 'effectiveness' is it not?
The categories I'm talking about are a direct measure of that effectiveness
Chances created and Chances actualised

They are playing in better sides than us because we sign less effective players for stupid money, including Iwobi in that ofc

Iwobi used to play for Arsenal and got laughed out of the club.

Wouldn't agree with that but he was 22 when he left. No shame in dropping down from a then Champions League / Europa League finalist club at that age.

Do you sincerely think he's that big of a problem, regardless of his contract situation, that you'd actively be trying to ship him off before others?

The graph is about attacking 'effectiveness' is it not?
The categories I'm talking about are a direct measure of that effectiveness
Chances created and Chances actualised

They are playing in better sides than us because we sign less effective players for stupid money, including Iwobi in that ofc
So is xgChain when compared to passes into the box.

I'm not arguing stats are the be-all, end-all. There's plenty that goes into these things as I've said throughout this thread. They can help show certain things though and I think that graph helps to show that Iwobi certainly isn't as bad as some people here are trying to make out, especially so when compared to some of the utter dross we have on our books.

Wouldn't agree with that but he was 22 when he left. No shame in dropping down from a then Champions League / Europa League finalist club at that age.

Do you sincerely think he's that big of a problem, regardless of his contract situation, that you'd actively be trying to ship him off before others?
Yes. The Sigurdssons, the Bolasie and the Iwobis are the exact types of players that will prevent you from going anywhere. You want players that can affect the game off the ball- not players you are forced to run the game through because they have so many limitations.

Yes. The Sigurdssons, the Bolasie and the Iwobis are the exact types of players that will prevent you from going anywhere. You want players that can affect the game off the ball- not players you are forced to run the game through because they have so many limitations.
4th in distance covered in the Premier League last season as far as I can find so I'm not too sure what you mean by that. I'd also suggest that winning the Players' Player of the Season would suggest he's appreciated by his teammates for what he did this past year.

He’s been a constant in all our rubbish sides over the past 4 years. I couldn’t care less if he was sold, but he won’t be sold, because no one wants him. We’ve got him for this season and then he’ll be off to some European backwater on a free.

Because he played deeper, but in essence he just passed the ball to better players. That’s all your argument, he gets the ball and passes to someone else.
All Xavi did was get the ball and pass to someone else.

I mean can I do the football isn't for you thing? If you don't appreciate players passing to teammates maybe football isn't for you.

Disclaimer: no Iwobi is not in Xavi's universe but "all he does is pass" is a patently ridiculous thing to say.

So is xgChain when compared to passes into the box.

I'm not arguing stats are the be-all, end-all. There's plenty that goes into these things as I've said throughout this thread. They can help show certain things though and I think that graph helps to show that Iwobi certainly isn't as bad as some people here are trying to make out, especially so when compared to some of the utter dross we have on our books.
thing is Olise also made more successful passes in the final third than Iwobi
Gibbs White higher percentage successful passes final third
Yet both are positioned lower on the graph

He's not our worst player, but he's not great, and wasn't worth the money or his wage
1 year left, won't sign, we should sell if possible
just doubt there would be many takers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back