Summer transfer window 2023

Even though things are not where they should be, I'd disagree with this. For all the players who have left, I honestly think Mina is the only who is PL standard really, and he was available less than half the time. We've added two PL standard players in Young and Danjuma, hopefully 3 if Branthwaite is ready to step up after his loan.

We're nowhere near where we need to be for a comfortable season, that's for sure, but I don't think we're worse in terms of quality than last season or the season before.
Sorry mate, we’re miles worse off imo.

Coady & Mina were first teamers, ahead of Keane, holgate and Godfrey for the run in. Branthwaite should start at cb but I’m not sure he will.

Tom Davies for all his detractors, was coming on in games for us.

Mills and Warrington I feel could have done a job for us in midfield, but we have gbamin and Gomes - proven failures to come in.

Simms scored in the premier league against Chelsea and was an option.

Cannon seems to be headed out the door now as well whilst we are currently left with maupay, dobbin, koyate or danjuma at cf whilst DCL takes the slow road back to fitness (if he ever makes it back?).

No matter what way you slice it, or how poor you think the players we have allowed to leave are, we are in a worse position squad wise than we have been for some time.

If they don’t pull their fingers out on the transfer front, the starting line up and bench vs stoke is what we will be going with and that isn’t looking too healthy - few injuries and we are even more in the brown stuff.

Did I miss Coady starting most of the clean sheet home wins? I mean compared to Keane's efforts from March he was generally Jags with his performance levels until Dyche randomly saw something he didn't like and benched him.

Brathwaite clearly has potential but he's very much unknown at prem level until he has a run of 4-5 starts. Beyond that it's Keane, Godfrey and Holgate just about so that's miles off last season when Mina and Coady could both come in for the final few games and add experienced and ultimately the crucial final day home clean sheet.
Has Tarkowski left?

We’re at the eagerly looking stage now guys 👍🏻

IMG_2975.jpeg

See Dyche admitting we've missed out on targets, OK. But there's a whole world out there with thousands of strikers better than Maupay.

These even a few without clubs. We're obviously punching above our weight, nobody wants to join this mess, but come on, bring in two yard dogs if thats what it takes. Just get it done.

See Dyche admitting we've missed out on targets, OK. But there's a whole world out there with thousands of strikers better than Maupay.

These even a few without clubs. We're obviously punching above our weight, nobody wants to join this mess, but come on, bring in two yard dogs if thats what it takes.Just get it done.

Weghorst and a Weghorst clone on deadline day!

Sorry mate, we’re miles worse off imo.

Coady & Mina were first teamers, ahead of Keane, holgate and Godfrey for the run in. Branthwaite should start at cb but I’m not sure he will.

Tom Davies for all his detractors, was coming on in games for us.

Mills and Warrington I feel could have done a job for us in midfield, but we have gbamin and Gomes - proven failures to come in.

Simms scored in the premier league against Chelsea and was an option.

Cannon seems to be headed out the door now as well whilst we are currently left with maupay, dobbin, koyate or danjuma at cf whilst DCL takes the slow road back to fitness (if he ever makes it back?).

No matter what way you slice it, or how poor you think the players we have allowed to leave are, we are in a worse position squad wise than we have been for some time.

If they don’t pull their fingers out on the transfer front, the starting line up and bench vs stoke is what we will be going with and that isn’t looking too healthy - few injuries and we are even more in the brown stuff.
Plus we still have the uncertainty surrounding fringe squad members who will probably not play for us while we pay some or all of their contracts .
Gomes / Gbamin ??? Dele ( can he play / can we afford to play him ? ) Gray ? While he can be infuriating ...did contribute last season
Still more outs to go ...and were paper thin !

Obviously we are skint to let Simms go for 4 mill and still have no striker in + the DCL concerns. Whether yo think he's up to the PL or not ...surely he would be a better choice / option than Maupay ?

Weghorst and a Weghorst clone on deadline day!
To be honest. That's exactly who I was thinking of. At this stage we need a centre forward so we don't have to change the way we are looking to play.

I'd go as far as saying we should bring in a goal scorer from league one or two. Just anyone who can hold up the ball and occasionally slot. More than what DCL and Maupay have achieved isn't difficult.

Can't be playing games like last season with Gray, Maupay upfront. It's just suicide.