Summer transfer window 2023

What you're also starting to see is the effects FFP and the upcoming 70% wage to income ratio rule is having on the clubs outside the elite.

Player prices / wages are rising and rising yet sponsers/revenues for clubs outside of the scab 6 / Newcastle are not.

Something ultimately has to give. Villa are the only one spending and thats down to netting £100m for an academy player but they'll be very close to the limits if they dont get top 4 this season.

The rules either need to be relaxed or a flat out transfer/salary cap introduced across the board (although the Saudi's buying everyone will probably scare UEFA/PL attempting anything like that in fear all the top players will go).
Utter nonsense, most clubs in the league are spending vast sums of money.

Is it his fault we've no money?
I'm not saying that. I'm saying that it could look like he's been brow beaten into accepting the culture of degradation that's set in at Everton.

He's going to be judged on this, not that big conked scumbag who's telling him porkies every day on behalf of the people who richly feed him.

Did I miss Coady starting most of the clean sheet home wins? I mean compared to Keane's efforts from March he was generally Jags with his performance levels until Dyche randomly saw something he didn't like and benched him.

Brathwaite clearly has potential but he's very much unknown at prem level until he has a run of 4-5 starts. Beyond that it's Keane, Godfrey and Holgate just about so that's miles off last season when Mina and Coady could both come in for the final few games and add experienced and ultimately the crucial final day home clean sheet.
I deliberately missed out Coady as I was just comparing PL standard players out and in and I don't think you can class him as that, given that he was available this summer and was signed by a championship club.

I get that we need to sell to bring more in but a cf should have been first. I hope that your right, things could change very fast if they bring in players that have the quality. Agree with what you have said about thelwell is the same problem i had with brands.
If we got a decent proven PL forward in or one from abroad with good potential then I'd be assuaged.

But Dyche's update has me doubting the possibility of that.

It's been a slap in the face for someone like me who thought this would be sorted this summer because the future of the club is at stake.

Everton supporters everywhere need a massive slap in the chops to wake them up from this torpor. We are utterly kidding ourselves that anyone at Everton is willing to hand Dyche the tools to do the job. They obviously think that Danjuma and competition at LB will be enough to keep our heads above water next season.

It's Hitler in the Fuhrer Bunker levels of madness and delusion.

A big part of the issue is this half-baked investment fudge from MSP. If it was a proper takeover, they would absolutely be putting transfer cash in. You don't buy a decrepit house and not spend on the decor. It stands to reason that a few well-placed, if cheap additions could make all the difference in avoiding relegation.

As it is there are, if I'm correct, 13 individual investors making up the funding pool, so what was small beans in an overall context is even smaller by that measure. It feels more like a game than anything else. There is no statement of intent from them and no confidence either that they would have the cojones to come in and get their hands dirty.

If we got a decent proven PL forward in or one from abroad with good potential then I'd be assuaged.

But Dyche's update has me doubting the possibility of that.

It's been a slap in the face for someone like me who thought this would be sorted this summer because the future of the club is at stake.

Everton supporters everywhere need a massive slap in the chops to wake them up from this torpor. We are utterly kidding urselves that anyone at Everton is willing to hand Dyche the tools to do the job. They obviously think that Danjuma and competition at LB will be enough to keep our heads above water next season.

It's Hitler in the Fuhrer Bunker levels of madness and delusion.
Same i did not expect us to have a great season but as you say thought atleast we give him something to work with. Just dont kno how any efc fan can be positive at all about this season.

Same i did not expect us to have a great season but as you say thought atleast we give him something to work with. Just dont kno how any efc fan can be positive at all about this season.
As things stand we have 38 cup finals to get the required points to stay in the PL.

It'll be a dour slog from August through to May with no respite.

While I certainly don't want to defend what this club annually fails to do every window some odd clubs to compare to.

Palace not replaced Zaha as of yet and basically their key summer signing has been Lerma from Bournemouth. West Ham not signed anyone to replace Rice yet and have issues at CF if Antonio leaves.

Even Newcastle have been relatively quiet just getting in Tonali and Barnes so a little thin for a CL squad as things stand, Howe has said they've been restricted by FFP.

Brentford and Brighton have brilliant transfer strategies but that's been methodically implemented for pretty much a decade and they've both risen from fairly low positions in the football pyramid.

I think the bottom half will be much weaker than last season which is probably the saving grace for next season.
I think (hope) you're right - of the clubs that were in the relegation mix I think you could argue that Palace (Zaha gone), Forest (bunch of loans expired and only Elanga in, still no keeper), West Ham (Rice gone, no one in) and most of all Wolves (half their squad gone) all have worse squads than they did last season. You'd expect West Ham to improve when they stop dithering, but that's not guaranteed.

Not saying we don't have problems but I imagine we're far from the only fanbase feeling worried right now.

A big part of the issue is this half-baked investment fudge from MSP. If it was a proper takeover, they would absolutely be putting transfer cash in. You don't buy a decrepit house and not spend on the decor. It stands to reason that a few well-placed, if cheap additions could make all the difference in avoiding relegation.

As it is there are, if I'm correct, 13 individual investors making up the funding pool, so what was small beans in an overall context is even smaller by that measure. It feels more like a game than anything else. There is no statement of intent from them and no confidence either that they would have the cojones to come in and get their hands dirty.

I did warn people about this group. 7 months and counting to stump up the
dough to buy a minority stake in the club is really poor.

I was quite optimistic we could get a few players in, P&S must have eased of now surely with what we`ve sold, but here we are 2 additions and still massive holes in our starting XI let alone squad....

Absolutely criminal that this chairman and owner are still allowed to be at this club and Man Utd fans are absolutely wetting the bed because of their owners ONLY spending £200m in this window!
Comparing and contrasting the last 2 season finishes .... I actually felt like after the Palace win / getting rid of Benitez / close escape ...we would stabilize and be a bit more comfortable ( 11th -15th ) . I was actually hopeful that we'd learned a lesson.
This season... yes ...relieved that we avoided relegation but not happy or hopeful that the club are doing anything other than delaying the inevitable.
It is almost comical ( if it wasn't tragic ) what a poor situation we have put ourselves in and the apparent ineptness of the people supposed to guide us through the mire. I don't think we will avoid the drop or have much satisfaction this year .... and more importantly / disappointing is ... I don't think I care as much. I'll always support the club whatever league we play in but its is increasingly hard to be as invested when the same clowns are running ( ruining ) the show.

The muppets that run the club have are yet again sending us in to a season under equipped, less than 2 weeks until we kick off, guaranteed no signings, there is no way on this planet Everton can complete a deal in under 2 weeks such is the level of incompetence. Thelwell completely out of his depth here...

....off the field the MSP deal still isn`t done, Kenwright still the chairman, Moshiri still the owner.....

.... so excuse me if I want to have a laugh at this completely inept boards expense.
I agree with everything you say,Kind Sir...Just that muppet picture is flogging a dead horse that's all.X

A player who only started half a dozen games last year and hasn’t done anything in the Prem, and another that was playing his best football when Tony Blair was PM.

Had an entire year and this is what we go into the season with?