Summer transfer window 2023

Nothing Dave, its just nonsense pre scripted just signed a whopping contract talk.

Our last manager and next manager will say the same with the words just jumbled about a bit.
Just garbage, nothing to see here.
But his job depends on getting a forward in. He's at the highest level in football he'll ever get. If he wants to stay there he's gong to have to do more than shrug his shoulders at seeing deals collapse.

I dont even see him as the issue here btw. Dyche is an asset when your team is in the gutter, but he needs at least some help.

But his job depends on getting a forward in. He's at the highest level in football he'll ever get. If he wants to stay there he's gong to have to do more than shrug his shoulders at seeing deals collapse.

I dont even see him as the issue here btw. Dyche is an asset when your team is in the gutter, but he needs at least some help.
I get last season but have no idea how he can be happy with this squad.

Even though things are not where they should be, I'd disagree with this. For all the players who have left, I honestly think Mina is the only who is PL standard really, and he was available less than half the time. We've added two PL standard players in Young and Danjuma, hopefully 3 if Branthwaite is ready to step up after his loan.

We're nowhere near where we need to be for a comfortable season, that's for sure, but I don't think we're worse in terms of quality than last season or the season before.

Did I miss Coady starting most of the clean sheet home wins? I mean compared to Keane's efforts from March he was generally Jags with his performance levels until Dyche randomly saw something he didn't like and benched him.

Brathwaite clearly has potential but he's very much unknown at prem level until he has a run of 4-5 starts. Beyond that it's Keane, Godfrey and Holgate just about so that's miles off last season when Mina and Coady could both come in for the final few games and add experienced and ultimately the crucial final day home clean sheet.

Rangers
Garner
Defending
Stats dont matter

Etc etc
You deal in caricatures. That's your stock in trade.

I've yet to hear any sensible analysis from YOU concerning Patterson and you're asking other people to account for themselves in their appraisal.

You couldn't make it up. You've got a brass neck on you, I'll say that.

I dont think he is. He cant be.

Hopefully that interview in The Athletic is him sending out messages to the support that he's being shafted behind the scenes by the DoF and owner and he needs help from fans to place pressure on the club to open the purse strings up a little.

While I certainly don't want to defend what this club annually fails to do every window some odd clubs to compare to.

Palace not replaced Zaha as of yet and basically their key summer signing has been Lerma from Bournemouth. West Ham not signed anyone to replace Rice yet and have issues at CF if Antonio leaves.

Even Newcastle have been relatively quiet just getting in Tonali and Barnes so a little thin for a CL squad as things stand, Howe has said they've been restricted by FFP.

Brentford and Brighton have brilliant transfer strategies but that's been methodically implemented for pretty much a decade and they've both risen from fairly low positions in the football pyramid.

I think the bottom half will be much weaker than last season which is probably the saving grace for next season.

He can't slag them off, not great for motivation. And in fairness a midfield with Gana, Onana, Doucs, McNeill, Iwobi probably isn't far off the ideal profile he likes in midfield unit so with Tarks at the back it's about half a team currently that's o.k in his mind.

This time last year I think Coady, Onana and McNeill all came in so hopefully there can be one new signing in before Fulham game just to lift spirits a little.

He should, but we'll end up getting the same kind of response.

The questions can only really be put to Mosh + Bill.

Thelwell and Dyche are only employees, they can do as much work as they want on Signings, but if the Owner, Chairmen are blocking/effecting these moves
then it can only be down to them.

and Dyche/Thelwell aren't gonna speak out against them..
I think you're going a bit too soft on Thelwell. He is employed to do his masters' bidding for them. He's part of the problem, not the solution.

He'll be taking Dyche down the garden path.

While I certainly don't want to defend what this club annually fails to do every window some odd clubs to compare to.

Palace not replaced Zaha as of yet and basically their key summer signing has been Lerma from Bournemouth. West Ham not signed anyone to replace Rice yet and have issues at CF if Antonio leaves.

Even Newcastle have been relatively quiet just getting in Tonali and Barnes so a little thin for a CL squad as things stand, Howe has said they've been restricted by FFP.

Brentford and Brighton have brilliant transfer strategies but that's been methodically implemented for pretty much a decade and they've both risen from fairly low positions in the football pyramid.

I think the bottom half will be much weaker than last season which is probably the saving grace for next season.
Aye having a net spend of about £300m in 18 months is proper quiet.

I dont think he is. He cant be.

Hopefully that interview in The Athletic is him sending out messages to the support that he's being shafted behind the scenes by the DoF and owner and he needs help from fans to place pressure on the club to open the purse strings up a little.
I get that we need to sell to bring more in but a cf should have been first. I hope that your right, things could change very fast if they bring in players that have the quality. Agree with what you have said about thelwell is the same problem i had with brands.

What you're also starting to see is the effects FFP and the upcoming 70% wage to income ratio rule is having on the clubs outside the elite.

Player prices / wages are rising and rising yet sponsers/revenues for clubs outside of the scab 6 / Newcastle are not.

Something ultimately has to give. Villa are the only one spending and thats down to netting £100m for an academy player but they'll be very close to the limits if they dont get top 4 this season.

The rules either need to be relaxed or a flat out transfer/salary cap introduced across the board (although the Saudi's buying everyone will probably scare UEFA/PL attempting anything like that in fear all the top players will go).

It's a great game isn't it?

This is 7th v 9th from last season and both teams could easily finish higher tbh (Brentford beat Spurs and Man. City end of last season without Toney). Diaby already making a huge difference for Villa in final third.

For the few predicting 8th-10th this season this is the standard you need and this club is sadly miles off now with current options.

Once again, I’d settle for 17th right now.