Transfer Rumour Wilifred Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, not once did I say you tell them your deadline.

But yeah your approach is well better. Worked wonders with Kudus last year
It's really not that straight forward. But I'd agree it looks like we're not very good at it. With all.due respect I'm assuming you know nothing about kudus personally or any negotiations that may or may not have taken place.

The issue is not signing the player; it’s our urgency for attacking options and the fact we’ve let it run on and on until 9 days from the end of the window. We’ve also just thrown away 3 points because, again, options were t sufficiently identified and brought in during the preseason.

We obviously had an amount we were prepared to pay, offer it and set a deadline and if they don’t accept then move onto plan b

Now we are in a weaker position because from a negotiation standpoint
Exactly this should of been sorted at the beginning of the window and when it was communicated that they had no intent to sell we should of been ready to move on to other targets and bid not circle, mull, contemplate ,monitor , keep tabs , have interest or whatever meaningless term for being idle in the window

It's really not that straight forward. But I'd agree it looks like we're not very good at it. With all.due respect I'm assuming you know nothing about kudus personally or any negotiations that may or may not have taken place.
I know what’s important

We had a target

We bid

We waited

It didn’t go through

We couldn’t find anyone else

The window closed and we struggled for creativity.

yeah, not once did I say you tell them your deadline.

But yeah your approach is well better. Worked wonders with Kudus last year
Dutch journo was on the radio today and thinks the Kudus fee is hilarious and he is worth nowhere near that and will struggle in the PL so I'm not too worried there tbh.

Jack Harrison signed a new 5 year contract with Leeds in April. Contracts these days hold barely any weight, it depends on your owner/coach and what you are willing to do to upset or keep your player happy.
I don't think you have a clue to be honest with you.

It seems you are just spouting the first thing that comes into your head.

I think there may be a twist in this yet.

Gnonto will get a huge new contract at Leeds shortly with a low escape clause if they don't get promoted.

Or.

Leeds want to make it look like they have won the battle with the player and then sell on before deadline day....not necessarily to us though.

I just cannot see why the player refused to play, was isolated from the first team squad, put in a transfer request and three days later goes back training as if nothing has happened, it just doesn't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.