2023/24 Sean Dyche

It’s time we actually showed some vision and direction and appointed a manager whose tactics reflect the realities of modern football and who has exhibited some degree of in-game management.
Because at the moment we are as directionless and moribund with this manager as we have ever been.

Amazes me people think sacking dyche will change anything nothing changes until the top of the club gets sorted better recruiting happens we know the team yesterday without colman dcl McNeil Harrison iwobi will struggle badly and let's face none of them are world beaters I'm not to sure what a new manager can do with the squad of players available to him I think other sheff utd Luton are team sheet right now is the worst in the division

Amazes me people think sacking dyche will change anything nothing changes until the top of the club gets sorted better recruiting happens we know the team yesterday without colman dcl McNeil Harrison iwobi will struggle badly and let's face none of them are world beaters I'm not to sure what a new manager can do with the squad of players available to him I think other sheff utd Luton are team sheet right now is the worst in the division
Changing Dyche will ultimately change tactics and give your players a different perspective. You need someone who can inspire players, getting the best out of what you've got. I don't see that with Dyche and he looks lost at times.

We were much better than Wolves today, as with Fulham and think he’ll turn us around.

If we’re still struggling with Beto in, McNeil and Harrison fit and playing then there’ll be questions asked about his future

I think we'll finish above both. They both look awful, we just got them when all our best goal threats are injured (or not signed yet). We were much better than both.

Indeed but the team Potter inherited from Hughton’s dour spell immediately started to dominate the ball - 58% possession in his first home game, with Dale Stephens in midfield, and the likes of Glenn Murray and Shane Duffy.

The point is you only progress these days with a progressive coach.
Oh I accept that is correct long term.
If we had been relegated and were able to clear the decks and bring in young hungry players then I would have been all for Potter being appointed.
It worked for him at Brighton because whilst the players he inherited weren't great they were all willing to listen , learn and adapt. In the main they weren't big time Charlie's.

We saw at Chelsea that when he works with players with inflated egos who think they know it all it goes pear shaped and sadly I believe that's what would happen at Goodison with this awful group of players that we have accumulated.
A significant change in the way a team play with established players only really works if you are a Pep with massive charisma, reputation and backing from the club.

Changing Dyche will ultimately change tactics and give your players a different perspective. You need someone who can inspire players, getting the best out of what you've got. I don't see that with Dyche and he looks lost at times.
Not being funny fella have you watch Everton in the last 18 months these players are sub standard we could have pep there makes no difference we need better players fact is with a half decent center forward we now on 6 points and we're not having this conversation signs were there pre season we hardly scored a goal dyches as been let down badly a competent centre forward should of been in the building in July

Not being funny fella have you watch Everton in the last 18 months these players are sub standard we could have pep there makes no difference we need better players fact is with a half decent center forward we now on 6 points and we're not having this conversation signs were there pre season we hardly scored a goal dyches as been let down badly a competent centre forward should of been in the building in July
Who signed Maupay?

I’m equally amazed that people think that continuing to employ a clearly second rate manager will produce anything other than a second rate team.
His tactics are simplistic , naive , and dated.
His ability to manage in game is non existent.
His teams habitually surrender the midfield and with it the initiative for long periods of every game, you simply can’t do this in the PL and expect to survive for long. Which explains why he has already suffered two relegations.
On top of all the above his teams are always low scoring which makes them about as entertaining as watching paint dry.

I think that's an indication of the pressure and frustration he's under.

Both to get results and deals over the line.

I'm not a fan of SD but I do have some sympathy
Spare your sympathy for someone who deserves it.
This serial failure is being extremely well rewarded for steering us to the bottom of the league.

Come on mate, I'm an outsider but quite like Everton as a club. You've not scored in almost 5 hours of football! It's all very well creating chances but you're not scoring. It's fairly obvious to me that a change in the dressing room/tactics is required. Dyche has no plan B and is out of his depth. If it wasn't for Pickford's outstanding performance in the final game last season, you'd be playing us this season. If that's not enough of a warning sign, then I don't know what is.
Dyche needs sacking as soon as you have a good replacement. I've said a few times that Potter would be a great appointment for Everton and would be a great fit.
Anyway, I wish you all the very best of luck for the rest of the season. You'll need it if you stick with him.
Potter is massively overrated. His Brighton team couldn't score a goal. They instantly improved the minute he left them.