2023/24 Sean Dyche

I cant see Moyes after two rank losses at the start of the season castigating reporters that they're making too much of it...held have been far too pissed off himself at the start.

I think Dyche might have lost his grip.

I hope he proves me wrong.
I do think he's right on some levels, the piss panting is off the charts. I get it though, we're all petrified of the worst happening, we can see clearly how poor the squad is, and know how the team tend to spiral into a run of bad results all too easily. But two games do not a season make.

Even if he privately thinks that he would have been well served straight batting it.

I do think he's right on some levels, the piss panting is off the charts. I get it though, we're all petrified of the worst happening, we can see clearly how poor the squad is, and know how the team tend to spiral into a run of bad results all too easily. But two games do not a season make.

Even if he privately thinks that he would have been well served straight batting it.
...it's a dangerous game to play being relaxed about two losses when you just scraped safe last season....I wnder how he feels about starting with three losses

Not sure really what he did wrong.

11 was exactly as I would've picked.

He benched Keane.

Maupay remained unused sub and he gave the new lad minutes ahead of him.

Keane was put on to try to flick one on like he did at Molineux.

Ultimately though no matter what the state of a club is football remains a results business and they are very poor currently.

Worrying pattern is he's starting to lose tight games like Lampard started to do and then with confidence lowering the performance levels become more ragged.

Simply can't lose at Bramall Lane next Saturday otherwise he'll be fighting for his job over the international break.
This game is precisely the type of game that when Dyche came in we were told we would win. "The games we threw away under Lampard would never happen under Dyche" is how the narrative went. But here we are, losing those games. Nobody accepted there was nothing Lampard could do, nor should they have, the managers job is to get a tune out of the players at his disposal, to address their shortcomings through training and tactical planning and to win matches. If we can't win these sort of matches at home we don't stand a chance. Dyche, as well as the players, has to improve.

I actually think the panty pissing is warranted at the moment. I’ve had to change my kecks 3 times today and once only for alcohol related activities.

This game is precisely the type of game that when Dyche came in we were told we would win. "The games we threw away under Lampard would never happen under Dyche" is how the narrative went. But here we are, losing those games. Nobody accepted there was nothing Lampard could do, nor should they have, the managers job is to get a tune out of the players at his disposal, to address their shortcomings through training and tactical planning and to win matches. If we can't win these sort of matches at home we don't stand a chance. Dyche, as well as the players, has to improve.

There was flurry of home wins when he first came in. Arsenal which was proper new manager bounce and then the more gritty/clinging on for dear life 1-0s v Brentford and Leeds.

The home form has actually been very poor for ages now. In the run in last season it was more the away form that kept the team in the league so that to me is why Sheffield United is monumental. Lose that and it's very hard to see where away wins are coming from this season under the present set up.

Ultimately this club is just stuck in a big rut. New manager comes in, tweaks a few things and team looks reasonably organised for 2-3 months. Lacklustre transfer window then happens, momentum and confidence is lost and it now just looks the same as a year ago.

No other manger does any better with this team, it's the season we go down, even if we stay up this season we will be going into the season after even more weaker with the amount of players contracts up at the end of the season, we're the biggest sinking ship since Leeds

...it's a dangerous game to play being relaxed about two losses when you just scraped safe last season....I wnder how he feels about starting with three losses

In his press conference on Thursday he said how every week since getting the job their has been 'noise' amongst the place and most press conferences don't focus on the football.
Well welcome to EFC mate, this isn't Burnley now.

Concerned me somewhat. Does he realise the enormity and demands of the club?

In his press conference on Thursday he said how every week since getting the job their has been 'noise' amongst the place and most press conferences don't focus on the football.
Well welcome to EFC mate, this isn't Burnley now.

Concerned me somewhat. Does he realise the enormity and demands of the club?
There should always be "noise" at this club when we lose winnable home games. It shouldn't just be accepted.

He's had an absolutely shocking start to the season and now he's feeling the pressure. Its time for him to find solutions and deliver results and to stop making excuses. He needs to prove he's good enough to manage a team of out stature because the indications are that he isn't

There should always be "noise" at this club when we lose winnable home games. It shouldn't just be accepted.

He's had an absolutely shocking start to the season and now he's feeling the pressure. Its time for him to find solutions and deliver results and to stop making excuses. He needs to prove he's good enough to manage a team of out stature because the indications are that he isn't

I've been a fan of Dyche for years but I do worry he won't know what to do with Harrison, Chermiti, Danjuma, Beto assuming he signs..