2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carsley? Crikey…. You been on the Meths?

Firstly there’s a huge difference between international management and club management …
Secondly, winning when you have the best team isn’t the tricky bit. Winning when you’ve a team of dogs is the challenge

Not sure what you mean. Arteta hadn't managed a club befor he went to Arsenal. Carsley was at City and he's won a trophy at U-21 level.

It's not as if I'm advocating the local plumber to become an Everton manager.

Not sure what you mean. Arteta hadn't managed a club befor he went to Arsenal. Carsley was at City and he's won a trophy at U-21 level.

It's not as if I'm advocating the local plumber to become an Everton manager.
I'd like to see Carsley back at Everton in some capacity, maybe not as manager.

Listened to a great interview with him a few years ago, said he'd love to work for us but he needs to earn the right.

I'd like to see Carsley back at Everton in some capacity, maybe not as manager.

Listened to a great interview with him a few years ago, said he'd love to work for us but he needs to earn the right.
He'd care, for sure. And he;d have the respect of the players and fans.

I'm not kneejerking here, I smell relegation in the air and it's getting stronger.

If we have to get shut of Dyche to see if that changes matters then he'd have to go.

I'd say he';ll be on shakey ground with another defeat and an international break coming up; if he survived that he'd have to get points from either Brentford away or Arsenal at home...and I;m ruling that out.

At this point in time he is defo heading toward the exit. A win is essential in the next 2 games....and that;'s from someone who wants him to stay.

Out of a job, opportunity to get back in and with a big club, surely he be tempted, low expectations

He'd look at our club's recod of going through managers and know he stood no chance.

Carsley is a blue and would love the job, and he has experience too.

I think he’s come across as really dislikable in the last few press conferences. Smart arse answers to a press which have been incredibly soft on him.
The Harry Kane jibe was like rubbing salt into wounds with our fans. Also that crack about "crisis after 2 games"...imagine a player watching that - they'd winder if they really needed to pull their tripes out.

He's got sloppy and a bit arrogant.

He'd care, for sure. And he;d have the respect of the players and fans.

I'm not kneejerking here, I smell relegation in the air and it's getting stonger.

If we have to get shut of Dyche to see if that changes matters then he'd have to go.

I'd say he';ll be on shakey ground with another defeat and an international break coming up; if he survived that he'd have to get points from either Brentford away or Arsenal at home...and I;m ruling that out.

At this point in time he is defo heading toward the exit. A win is essential in the next 2 games....and that;'s from someone who wants him to stay.
Still not convinced Dyche is the real source of our woes. We almost need a Moyes figure to build from the bottom again. Is that Carsley? Can it even be done under this rotten board?

I don't have the answers. My guess is root and branch change is needed.

I hope to God he turns this round against Sheff Utd. I dont want him sacked.

But if he went in the international break due to zero points from 12 then I wonder if Carsley might be the right fit here.

He's as blue as they come and he's done a great job at England U-21 level. It'd be a brave move, but I'd go with Carsley if we had to rather than go through the circus of bringing in another flavour of the month.

Hopefully Dyche turns it next week and this is all moot.
It might not get to Sheffield if we get humiliated at Doncaster.

Still not convinced Dyche is the real source of our woes. We almost need a Moyes figure to build from the bottom again. Is that Carsley? Can it even be done under this rotten board?

I don't have the answers. My guess is root and branch change is needed.

I cant see Moyes after two rank losses at the start of the season castigating reporters that they're making too much of it...held have been far too pissed off himself at the start.

I think Dyche might have lost his grip.

I hope he proves me wrong.

It might not get to Sheffield if we get humiliated at Doncaster.
I think he'll get the next PL match even if Doncaster eliminated us.

He'd then have 90 minutes to save his job.

I'm pretty convinced of that.

I dont think this feller is on the ball this season. He seems all wrong somehow.

Glad to have my words shoved down my throat on that btw. But I dont see this manager as the same one who ended last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back