2023/24 Sean Dyche

Saved by Beto and Danjuma's goals there. I honestly don't remember a more abject half of football from us than the first half yesterday.

Dycheball is the antithesis of what I expect from Everton. We'll win nothing with it and be lucky to survive playing like that. And the longer he's here the more engraved it will be in the players.

Brainless, unthinking adherence to shape with players too petrified or vacant minded to take the initiative when the situations arise. He has to go - my hope is soon and with a replacement already in place to go the second he is booted.

However, he's probably here for the season at least so fingers crossed he can turn this around.

Don't think it helped than none of the players could pass or control a ball

The amount of misplaced passes, awful touches and control, and even wondering out for throw ins was not of a standard they play at.

None of the players brought in - Godfrey, Myko, Dobbin, Keane, Chermitti - showed they're waaaaay off

Under this man Everton will become/have become his Burnley MKII. The media loved Dyche's Burnley and they loved him too for doing such a great job at 'little Burnley'. Funny how no clubs were rushing in for Dyche once he had gone from Burnley. Took us to knock on his desperate door and welcome the arrogant fool back into the footy world for the media to embrace and continue their 'love in' once again. I despised Burnley under Dyche. Could not stand the constant reminders of how well 'little Burnley' were doing against all the big guns, whilst ignoring their hoofball tactics and constant aggression over style. Sadly we are now that team. Doncaster changes nothing, and I, after 57 years of watching and lovin Everton, want out.

You talk as though this is through choice, and not a reaction to being in an extremely perilous position after years of mismanagement.

I couldn’t care less how ugly the football is as long as it keeps us in the Premier League and gives us a platform to develop, ultimately with a new manager in the future. If that happens, I’ll be very happy with the job Dyche has done.

We can’t keep changing football philosophy with every manager, it’s too expensive. If it doesn’t work out with Dyche I expect us to find a manager who plays a similar style.
I don’t subscribe to the idea that if you don’t try and play like Man City, then you are a dinosaur.
I don’t understand the arrogance comment, when has he been arrogant?
In fairness, aspiring to City level is one thing, actually doing it, another. I don't advocate us for that style, but we don't actually have a philosophy or style with him that can be identified. The hoof ball tactic last night was shameful of his own belief in that being acceptable, it was truly dire.

We need root and branch, it's been said many times, for me getting the manager right is key, Dyche IMO, is not that manager, he has achieved nothing in his career that warranted the appointment and we were 30 mins from relegation, if that is the level of expectation we are attending it bodes even worse for the future.

His last 2 pressers he has been belligerent and had a false cockuness in his tone, if you have the "game" all well and good but don't be giving it all Billy big nuts after the last 3 no 4 performances.

In light of Beto signing and how that pans out, he has 3 more matches for me tops.

Don't think it helped than none of the players could pass or control a ball

The amount of misplaced passes, awful touches and control, and even wondering out for throw ins was not of a standard they play at.

None of the players brought in - Godfrey, Myko, Dobbin, Keane, Chermitti - showed they're waaaaay off
of course the players take the blame, but if you honestly think his tactics against bottom of the entire football league were good, then I don’t know what to say

Narrow defensive fullbacks, no passing lines through the middle, punts up field for 19 year old, in the hope we pick up the second ball

It was utterly embarrassing. I’d imagine that when going to City or Arsenal; but Doncaster, not a chance

That first half was probably the worst I have ever seen us play bearing in mind the opposition.
Dyche was interviewed before the game and the commentator asked him about him giving advice to Mcann the Doncaster manager.Dyche said I hope he hasn't picked up too much.
Dyche is a very arrogant man who never sees the blame for poor performances to be his fault.
Do not be surprised if Keane starts on Saturday and maybe even Maupay ( who actually didn't do to bad when he came on).

I wasn’t keen on his interview at all - constantly implying that fans are hysterical is a bit rich given we just about stayed up and have made our worst start ever this season, and were 1-0 down at half time against the worst team in the football league having not scored a goal since last season.

Also thought he looked to be positioning himself as a victim of circumstance with his glib “who knows” response to the question about transfers.

He’s incredibly lucky to be here and he should remember that.

Minor point but what pisses me off is his instinctive, contrary refusal to give credit where it’s due. Giving it the “he’s still very raw, and Youngie did great too” bollocks when Beto pulled him out of the [Poor language removed] with the most complete striker’s performance since he’s been Everton manager. It’s so old fashioned and stupid.

He’d have been much better saying “superb performance albeit against inferior opposition, he won the game for us. Looking forward to seeing what he can do at the weekend”.

All this hoofing is making the team individually worse.

Every time Godfrey had the ball at RB in the second half last night, he was indicating him to hoof it. Absolutely criminal.

He was never the right fit, if the club had any ambition he should have been sacked after Bournemouth.

At least with Lampard you could see he was trying, and was personable.

of course the players take the blame, but if you honestly think his tactics against bottom of the entire football league were good, then I don’t know what to say

Narrow defensive fullbacks, no passing lines through the middle, punts up field for 19 year old, in the hope we pick up the second ball

It was utterly embarrassing. I’d imagine that when going to City or Arsenal; but Doncaster, not a chance

But that's not the entire game. That's the catalyst and we should press higher...but when we had the ball they were awful for 60mins.

Straight from the off you had Keane under hitting a back pass. Godfrey slicing clearances or running the ball out of play. Myko scared to cross the half way line. Everyone's touch was atrocious with Onana and Doucoure looking like baby Giraffes.

Did you see when Garner over hit a simple pass down the wing to Danjuma? Stuff like that doesn't help whatever tactics you want to impose.

You could've set up that team to play Tiki-Taka...they wouldn't be able to pull it off.

You could see the last 30mins how we dominated the game, hit the bar, post, scored 2. Passed it better, kept the ball more. Mainly because Gana settled the middle IMO.

I’ve defended him so far this season because he was massively let down by not having a striker and I think we did everything but put the ball in the net in our two home games so I find it hard to criticise.

However, Beto is here now and he looks like he’s just what we need so results must follow. The second half contrast when Beto came on was night and day but it was only Doncaster - this performance (and those goals) need to happen Saturday

You talk as though this is through choice, and not a reaction to being in an extremely perilous position after years of mismanagement.

I couldn’t care less how ugly the football is as long as it keeps us in the Premier League and gives us a platform to develop, ultimately with a new manager in the future. If that happens, I’ll be very happy with the job Dyche has done.
This is such an odd opinion and one i have seen from a lot of people.

Its blafantly obvious we have been cfiminly mismanaged, are a bottom half PL side. But this manager should be getting more out of the players to his disposal.

Why cant Dyche motivate Godfrey to return to the player he was under Ancelotti and getting England caps.

Why has Onana and Patterson regressed and not being utilised properly in terms of the value they have to the club and potential they have shown previously?

The games against Wolves & Fulham were evident, this style and way of playing is out dated! If you relinquish control of the football in your home games against bottom half teams, you are going to be more erratic when you do have the ball, hence poor finishing.

The players blatantly dont enjoy this style (apart from Tarkowski) and its evidant to see, they arent alowed to express themselves or show any bit of individuality.....including being told how to wear their training socks.

8 full internationals on the pitch yesterday including Englands number 1 goalkeeper (dont get me started on him taking the armband off pickford) 2 under 21 internationals and couldnt muster anything lkke a chance for 60 odd minutes.

People think Dyche's style will get us over the line as its 'solid' etc. We are conceding at a rate were we will be going down! Its all very very similar to Benitez