2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we don’t see Beto in the starting 11 Saturday we riot. Nah but seriously, you would have to be a fool not to start this kid. His physical presence and speed will drag defenders all over the place. And now that he’s scored other players will start beeming in confidence too knowing that he knows we’re the goal is.

Under this man Everton will become/have become his Burnley MKII. The media loved Dyche's Burnley and they loved him too for doing such a great job at 'little Burnley'. Funny how no clubs were rushing in for Dyche once he had gone from Burnley. Took us to knock on his desperate door and welcome the arrogant fool back into the footy world for the media to embrace and continue their 'love in' once again. I despised Burnley under Dyche. Could not stand the constant reminders of how well 'little Burnley' were doing against all the big guns, whilst ignoring their hoofball tactics and constant aggression over style. Sadly we are now that team. Doncaster changes nothing, and I, after 57 years of watching and lovin Everton, want out.
I agree 100%
I remember when Burnley came to Goodison when Townsend scored that screamer and although we weren't great I thought imagine being a Burnley fan watching them week in week out. And here we are

Got the job done, but I am little concerned about the comments post match more than anything. Very much hinted that he doesn’t trust younger players, took the youngest 3 off at half time and said the game needed experienced players. Also, seemed to imply that Beto won’t be playing on Saturday. He said it was his plan to give him 45 mins today whatever happened, but ‘The premier league is a different story’. If Beto doesn’t start Saturday after scoring on debut and only getting a half then really serious questions need to be asked about the stubborn nature of this manager.
He's a managerial coward.
Every player stank in the 1st half yet he chose to take the 3 youngest players off.

If Beto doesn't start on Saturday then Dyche is not only a footballing dinosaur but a fool.

The thing that winds me up about Dyche isn't what everyone else is concerned with by the seem of it. I can take a lot of the semi strange decisions, the last 7 or so years have proven our players aren't good enough or mercenary types that will only pull their fingers out if it suits them. Every manager has had issues getting them to pass the ball around and control a game and until this latest round of additions Dyche had by far the worst hand to deal with. Despite this generally we've created more than we have for years and don't give away too many chances.

That said if I was an opposition manager the week leading up to the game I would be practicing corner kicks to get the delivery to the edge of the box where you can have two or three players completely unmarked and get a shot away. With practically all 11 of our players in front of Pickford never mind how many of the other team, if you can get the ball high on target he is going to struggle to see the ball to try and save anything.

The thing that winds me up about Dyche isn't what everyone else is concerned with by the seem of it. I can take a lot of the semi strange decisions, the last 7 or so years have proven our players aren't good enough or mercenary types that will only pull their fingers out if it suits them. Every manager has had issues getting them to pass the ball around and control a game and until this latest round of additions Dyche had by far the worst hand to deal with. Despite this generally we've created more than we have for years and don't give away too many chances.

That said if I was an opposition manager the week leading up to the game I would be practicing corner kicks to get the delivery to the edge of the box where you can have two or three players completely unmarked and get a shot away. With practically all 11 of our players in front of Pickford never mind how many of the other team, if you can get the ball high on target he is going to struggle to see the ball to try and save anything.
Goals agst Fulham , Wolves & that last night have come from exactly the same place.

Before they scored last night they done it 2/3 times before it.
Now if we can see it , other teams can see it surely this management team can see it.
If they can't we are in real trouble .

Saved by Beto and Danjuma's goals there. I honestly don't remember a more abject half of football from us than the first half yesterday.

Dycheball is the antithesis of what I expect from Everton. We'll win nothing with it and be lucky to survive playing like that. And the longer he's here the more engraved it will be in the players.

Brainless, unthinking adherence to shape with players too petrified or vacant minded to take the initiative when the situations arise. He has to go - my hope is soon and with a replacement already in place to go the second he is booted.

However, he's probably here for the season at least so fingers crossed he can turn this around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back